My Mom Is Addicted to Drugs | Teen Ink

My Mom Is Addicted to Drugs

By Brian1999 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Brian1999 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"Who are you to judge the life I live? I am not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers,make sure your hands are clean"(Bob Marley.)

Tupac is a well known rapper in which his legacy have been passed on for years. In the past
20 years, Tupac’s music were still an inspiration to people. When people listen to his music, they think as him as a kind person, not a gangster.

In 1978, Tupac was a thug young boy with a good heart. During his childhood, his mom was a drug addict. Whenever he was in school, his mom will meet her friends so they could sniff on crack and get high on weed. When Tupac arrives home from school, he notice something is wrong with his mom.

“Mom are you okay”-Tupac
“ Yeah I’m okay son. Why are you asking?”-mom
“It’s just that you look depressed”-Tupac
“I do?”-mom
“Yes mom,you do. Are you sure nothing is wrong with you?”-Tupac
“Well…….I guess I have to tell you the truth”-mom
“What is it mom?”-Tupac
“I’m a drug addict”-mom
“Are you saying….”-Tupac
“Yes son. I’m addicted to drugs. I tried to stop but I couldn’t control myself. I just get insane when I’m not high on drugs. I need help ASAP!!”-mom

In 1982, Tupac’s mom was in good condition since serving 4 years in therapy. The way she acts now will complete you. You may think she’s insecure or vulnerable but his mother actually gave up drugs and became a real mom. Life lesson learned.