The Pressuring Struggle | Teen Ink

The Pressuring Struggle

By EugeneWeiss BRONZE, Riverside, California
EugeneWeiss BRONZE, Riverside, California

In a nice house in a good neighborhood a boy named Mark is worrying about his grade. His neighborhood is quiet on Thursday morning. The neighborhood scent of fresh grass grabbed Mark’s nose . The neighborhood is a huge block of houses.
Mark yank himself out of his bed. Oh no, Mark thought. His head is sweating heavily. He thought, what am I gonna do.
He thought, I can do this. He thought, I am in hot water. He thought, there goes my chance. I am in big trouble, he thought.
He thought, how do I improve. He asked his mom “How do I get my grades up?” His mom said “Talk to your teachers about the work you need to do to get your grades up.” He said, “Thanks mom.” 
His heart is beating very quickly.He thought, that will help. He cooked himself some breakfast. He took a shower after he had his breakfast. 
He put on clean clothes. He got into the car waiting for his mom. His mom got into the car driving him  to Patriot High School. He went to his first period teacher, Mr. John, who teaches ELA 9.
He asked Mr. John, “How can I get my grade up in class?” Mr. John answered, “Making up work .” Mark said. “Thanks, Mr. John.” Mr. John said, “You’re welcome, Mark.”
He handed him some papers to do for his class. He sat in his seat in front of the class when the bell rang. He listened to his teacher teaching the class about a lesson. He went to his Biology teacher teacher, Ms. Gonzales.
His biology class is quiet as a library. His class is a prison. He asked Ms. Gonzales “How do I get my grade up in this class?”  Ms. Gonzales answered, “ By doing the missing work.”
She handed Mark a sheet of papers of assignments for him to do. Mark said, “Thanks, Ms. Gonzales.” He walked to his seat in the back row of the class. He listened to her lesson in class with his classmates. He went to his PE class.
He changed in the locker room in his PE clothes and sat down on his number. He waited for Mr. Dave to do roll call for his class. He follow his class to the gym to play basketball. He played basketball with his friends.
He changed back into his clothes, got his backpack and put his PE clothes back in his locker with his pad lock on it. He walked to his 4th period class, Algebra 1. He asked Mr. Francisco “How do I improve in this class?” Mr. Francisco replied, “You will improve by making up missing assignments.” He handed Mark a pile of assignments for him to do. He sat at the tables during lunch with his friend, Nathan.
Nathan asked him, “How’s it going?” Mark replied, “Not very well.” Nathan said, “Oh, I see you’re trying to get your grades up?” Mark answered, “Yes, I am.” He said, “See you, Nathan.” Nathan answered, “See ya.”He went to his 5th period class, Spanish 1.
His teacher is a walking dictionary. The class is clean as a house. He walked to his seat and sat down in the back of the class. He took notes of the lesson that Ms. Nancy is teaching.
He went to his 6th period class, Academic Support. He sat in the left table of the class. He filled out the weekly review sheet for Mr. Louis. He did his missing homework for his classes.
When the bell rang, he walked to where his mom’s car is. His mom asked him, “How is school?” Mark answered, “Very well.” His mom asked, “Did you got work to do for your classes?”
Mark replied, “Yes, I asked my teachers.” His mom said, “Good for you.” Mom drove the car to his home. Mark walked into the house into his room.
He thought, keep calm. He spent 3 hours doing his homework. His head is sweating with all the work he did. He went downstairs, to the kitchen eating his dinner.
His mom asked “Did you do all the homework?” Mark said, “Yes.” He went into the bathroom brushing his teeth. He changed into his pajamas.
He went to sleep. Next day, his alarm went off, he took his clothes and took a shower. He changed into his school clothes. He had his breakfast downstairs, and brushed his teeth.
He tied his shoes and bring his backpack with him. His mom drove him to school. He went to his ELA teacher and turned in his classwork. Mr. John said, “Thanks for doing the work.”
Mark replied, “You’re welcome.” He went to his biology teacher and gave her the classwork. Ms. Gonzales said, “Thanks for doing the work.” Mark said, “You’re welcome.”
He went to Mr. Francisco's class and gave him the work. Mr. Francisco said, “Thanks for giving me the work.” Mark said, “ You’re welcome.” Mark went to his 1st period class when the bell rang.
He listened to Mr. John about the lesson in class. He went to his biology class. He did the assignment that Ms. Gonzales assigned him. He went to the locker room to change and lock his backpack up in the long locker with his clothes.
He waited for his teacher to do the roll call with his class.  He walked to the gym with his class. He played basketball with his classmates. He changed back into his clothes and got his backpack out of the long locker.
He went to his pre-algebra class and turned in his work. He sat in his seat doing his math review. He worked on his ALEKs assignment. He sat with Nathan during lunch.
He told Nathan, “I turned in all the assignments for my classes.” Nathan replied, “Good for you.” Mark said, “Thanks, Nathan.” Nathan answered back, “You’re welcome.”
He walked to his spanish 1 class. He sat in his seat and wrote the notes on the board during class. He went to academic support class and sat in the left table of the class. He filled in the weekly review sheet for Mr. Louis.
He helped Nathan out with his homework.  He turned in the weekly review sheet near the end of the class. He walked to his mom’s car when the bell rang. His mom asked him, “Did you turn in the work?”
Mark said, “Yes, I did.” His mom said, “Good for you.”  Mom drove her car to her house. Mark got his backpack out of the car.
He put his backpack in his room. He said, “I finally god my grades up.” His dad said, “Good job Mark.”Mark’s younger brother said, “Good job mark.”
Mark said, “Thanks Chris.” Mark went into his room and relax. He turned a light on and read The Lightning Thief book. Mark is so happy that he’s gonna bounce around.

I got the idea from myself about my high school

Eric Breazy said...
on Oct. 24 2016 at 10:09 am
The plot is so enticing

on Oct. 24 2016 at 10:09 am
MomoTheLemur BRONZE, Burlington City, New Jersey
The plot is nonexistent. Maybe writing just isn't for you bud.

on Oct. 24 2016 at 10:00 am
He thought this is trash. He was correct.