The rising star part one | Teen Ink

The rising star part one

By Hayden21 BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Hayden21 BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado

The rising star
With the last pick in the 2024 draft the colorado avalanche select Hayden Klife goalie Colorado college. Hayden was the starting goalie for the colorado college in their season where they had a losing season. The avalanche selected him after their doubts about their starting goalie mike leflu. In training camp hayden looked like a promising backup but when the rosters came out hayden appeared to be the no.1 starring spot. 4 days  after they released mike and signed hayden to a 2 year 15 m dollar contract. In hayden's first game of the regular season against the wild he was a star. He make 45 saves in the win 4-3 in overtime. Hayden made it barely to the playoffs with the avalanche for a 49-6-4 regular season record and a first round berth. They were against the sharks and hayden in the last game did a stunt that only a few goalies have done. In the last ten seconds of the third quarter the sharks down by a point pulled their goalie and the puck was passed to hayden when all of a sudden hayden grabbed the puck and launched the puck down the rink and the puck went into the empty goal. Hayden had his first nhl playoff goal and his first goal of the season.They won the series and the confrence and headed for the finals. Then a disaster happened. On the third game pf the finals hayden was heading back to the locker room at halftime and he just felt something blow in his stomoch. That blow was aparentlly his right lung which he punchered when he was taking off his gear to get cool. He regreted getting miked up at that point. That mike ended his carrer as a avalanche player and as a sports player at all. Hayden had to retire on june 13 2024.