The legendary Hit | Teen Ink

The legendary Hit

The Legendary Hit

On a mysterious planet made for refugees, stood a boy shunned from everyone due to his dark past. He walks with his head down, with memories racing through his head with each step. The thoughts of his family, his friends, his home being slaughtered in front of him… with nothing but burned ash to make it seem his race never existed. All these thoughts made him weak as a child but something inside of him made him strong. It was something that would burn bright in his heart, the thing that would lead him on an unknown path. This bright and enduring fire was pure revenge. One day this boy named Hit would become the greatest hero of all finally looked up, and on that day, his whole life changed.
He grew up to be trained by the very hand that killed his family. Although unknown to him, Glamora helped him seek his revenge against Thanos. Glamora told him that what Thanos seeks would not come to him unless he kills all living things in the universe. Never had Hit been so angry at something or someone before but with this event, it unlocked his hidden power. However, unlike most this was a power he could instantly control. The thought of Thanos’ impossible task angered him more and more. Glamora was shocked and frightened by the anger that made him stronger. Hit knelt to the ground with his head in his hands and screamed to the top of his lungs. Suddenly, his eyes shot to Glamora and he trapped her in his dangerous and deadly gaze. Glamora started to scream as he looked into her nightmarish past, which now became present.  The sight of her killing his father, his mother, and his beloved sister divested Hit. His anger quickly subsided as Glamora fell to the ground. He looked at her as if she was a stranger and began to sob. He went to her and stood over her menacingly. With tears streaming down his face he said, “Next time we see each other… I will kill you as you have killed my family. I have chosen to spare you for the time being because you have trained me. However, your time will surely come to an end.” He turned away and with an instant, he disappeared.
As an adult, he became an assassin. Therefore, he was the most feared man in many galaxies around the universe. Legends of him were spread daily to scare children into being good instead of bad. They used to say, “If your bad and your alone in the dark, sometime you will his bright neon eyes and you will know your death will come soon.” Hit became a man of little words but when he spoke, he struck fear into the hearts he spoke to. Glamora heard of these stories and feared for her life as more and more stories of his power were told. Although these stories were true, he didn’t just kill the bad people as many thought. He was a hit man who would soon turn into a true hero due to the sight of a little boy and girl. He pitted the children due to the fact that their childhood is much like his own. He knew Thanos’ goons had done to them what they did him so many years ago. He took care of them as his own and good started to come from deep within his heart. Shortly after, he quit killing for money and wanted to inspire the children and be a hero to someone. He stayed in peace for a while but something bothered him deep within himself. He constantly thought that something was bound to happen. He chose to ignore these feelings but in doing so, left him vulnerable. A “fan” of his found out where Hit had resigned, but not out of wanting an autograph or picture with him. It was a bounty from the one and only Thanos. Everything began to change dramatically because in hours, Thanos himself arrived to end a possible threat to his reign.
Hit told the children to run but it was no use. Goons surrounded his home and the kids were immediately captured within seconds. Hit defensively sprang into action to save them but Thanos got in his way and punched him in mid air. As hit went to get back on his feet, Thanos grabbed his throat and began choking him. However, before he did, he gloated and said, “This… This is the mighty Hit… the one people spoke of as a living legend. Ha… nothing but a joke.” He looked at the guards holding the children and gave an evil grin. They pointed their guns toward the children in front of Hit. With a count of three, they killed the children and laughed. Thanos turned back to him again and said, “The might Hit would and could have saved them you know.” Looking toward the dead brought the memories of his past and his anger engulfed him. After holding it back for so long, he was more powerful than ever. His haunting neon eyes shot at Thanos despite being choked. He screamed and sent Thanos flying and Hits overwhelming speed took over and he killed all the goons surrounding him. Afterwards, his anger overtook him completely as he looked at Thanos again. He charged at Thanos and punched him repeatedly until Thanos caught one of his fists. With one punch by Thanos with his immense strength took Hit down. Thanos’ thirst for battle consumed him and yet he didn’t finish off Hit. He turned away a fled. However, before he did, he said to Hit, “I look forward to our next fight which I think will be very soon. Better be ready because next time, I wont go easy on you. You are one of few who have seen my kindness in a way. Just remember, you are nothing compared to a god.” Unable to speak Hit looked at him and communicated telepathically and said, “Even gods can fall.”
Hits words frightened Thanos slightly because he knew Hit was right. Before Hit could regain his fierce and overwhelming strength, he left to conquer other worlds for his love called death. Hit laid on the ground somewhat helpless as he crawled to the children. When he reached them, he rested his head on the girls’ chest with tears streaming down his face. He thought constantly about what Thanos said, how the Legendary Hit could have saved her. He looked at the young boy afterwards and looked into his lifeless eyes.  He didn’t see the boys face, but he saw his own. He saw himself as a child; he saw the helplessness he felt when his family was killed in the young boys’ eyes. Hit picked his head up from the ground and said to him self, “Never again will I watch as those I love fall before me. I will not kneel to anyone as ruthless as Thanos and watch him kill the innocent. I will have my revenge on him but not as an assassin, but a hero for these here, who have fallen before me. I vow to you and all who lost their lives due to Thanos’ quest for death.”
Hit rose to his feet, standing taller than ever and with a face of complete determination. He walked into his home and put on his battle gear and shortly after came back out with to gravestones. For the boy it said, “For whom I may never see again… Watch over me and protect me when needed you are the true hero.” For the girl it said, “For whom I may never see again… Thank you for inspiring me to become the hero I certainly will become… Both of you remain in my heart and both of you will be avenged”
Afterwards, Hit left without a single look back, in pursuit of “Thanos the Mad God.” Soon enough he caught up to Thanos, who was fighting against five people unknown to him. He stopped to watch as Thanos fended for himself just in case of reinforcements. The next sight surprised him for the fabled Avengers, known around the universe, started to appear to fight Thanos. He inched closer and closer hoping to get a shot at Thanos. Suddenly he was stopped in his tracks as the faces became clearer. His hate began to rise for Thanos began to rise, but not only him but towards someone who he swore to kill. However he knew that he couldn’t kill his mentor who trained him when he was young. Glamora was hit and thrown across Thanos’ palace. As she rose to her feet, she saw the devilish green eyes that haunted her. She was paralyzed with fear as Hit walked closer to her. Slowly, her tears began to fall as she realized her end was near. The Avengers were too busy fighting to notice what was happening. Glamora begged him to not kill her, she said, “Please let me fight with my fellow Guardians. Please I’ve broke away from Thanos and started fighting for good.” Hit raised his hand to Glamoras’ shoulder and said, “Your end will not be this day but another. These eyes will see to it that you die, but today isn’t the day you die. Together we shall fight for the last time to end this menace. However afterwards, you will be my last target.” She was crying harder now and Hit cleared her tears with his thumb. He then walked away and ran into the fight without any intention of slowing down. Thanos noticed him and his fear began to rise for the Avengers were already hard enough to fight.
As Hit started closing in like a jaguar going in for the kill. Thanos’ eyes widened with a fear greater than any he has ever felt. He quickly punched the Hulk away, slammed Iron man into the ground, and put all focus into Hit. Hit jumped and punched Thanos harder than ever before. This punch was even stronger than the Hulk. Thanos rose from the ground and hurled himself toward Hit fighting him with all his might. Hit began to get c***y as he dodged everyone of Thanos’ punches. Unknown to him, one hit from Thanos could damage him critically. He got caught with a punch he didn’t see coming. The Avengers had backed off when Hit entered the fight and they watched in horror that their newfound friend was being beaten down brutally. Drax began to clench his fists so tight his hands began to bleed. His thirst for battle began to eat him away but not only that but he quickly admired Hit. He knew instantly who Hit was due to the stories of his greater deeds.  He couldn’t watch anymore because Drax felt they had connected on sight because of their dark paths with their families. He realized that both of them lived for revenge. He screamed and charged into the battle while hit was still being beaten. Somehow, he body could take the beating and he opened his eyes and stared directly into Thanos’ eyes. Thanos’ stopped beating him frightened by the sight of Hit returning to his feet.
Thanos questioned himself believing his eyes deceived him. He questioned Hit, “How are you still alive, How can you even stand from the beating I just gave you… HOW!” Hit smiled letting out blood that began to drip from his chin. He said with a smile, “Because, I am stronger than you could ever be. You are a childish god who cries when he doesn’t get what he wants.” Thanos’ anger spiked but hit paralyzed him as Drax started to enclose himself to Thanos. Hit said, “Your rule will end today, your horrific acts against those who had the right to live will finally have their revenge. You said that the Legendary Hit was nothing… But what have you been reduced to Thanos. Like I said, even a god, a mighty one such as yourself can fall,” Just then a hand busted through Thanos’ chest. Hit went to Thanos getting inches away from his face. He told him, this is for the all the children who were killed because of you. All the families you have torn apart, for every sin against this universe you have committed.” Then Hit finished off Thanos and returned to his humble home peacefully.

Its a made up superhero storiy that ties in with marvels batle against Thanos the Mad Titan... The endings quick though because it was my last day to write it... sorry