Family Always First | Teen Ink

Family Always First

May 27, 2016
By Derria1475 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Derria1475 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Laurent and Larry were walking peacefully in downtown Los Angeles. While walking they forgot they were going to a party they were invited to. So, they walked to the car. While driving, Larry asked,
“Are you sure you want to go to this party.”
“Yeah”, said Laurent.
When they got home, they got dressed for the party.  “Are you ready to go”, asked Laurent.
“Yeah”, yelled Larry.
After they got dressed, they were on their way to the party. When they got to the party, the party was crowded. After a while, suddenly a man walks on stage and starts to talk. While the man was talking Larry went to go get something to drink. When he was getting something to drink, he felt like something was going on. Then suddenly, a man grabbed him. Larry tried to get the man off of him but, he couldn’t. Larry yells,
“Laurent”, but Laurent couldn’t hear him. After, the man stopped talking Laurent noticed Larry was gone for a long time. He looked around but he couldn’t find him.

Laurent started to get worried. But then he realized that he owe someone money.  He ran seeing two guys putting Larry in a car. Larry was passed out. The car pulled after Laurent got close to the car. Next morning, Larry wakes up from being passed out. He couldn’t remember what happened yesterday. Then suddenly he hears someone coming.
“So, where is the money”, said the man. Larry looked confused, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“Yes you do”, yelled the man. “I’m not who you think I am”, said Larry.
“Well, now I know who you are now but your brother owes me money before something that he loves goes away”, yelled the man.

That same morning, Laurent asked some of their friends to come to their house. When everybody got there he told them what happened.
“Well, when Larry was going to get something, I never saw him after this man stop speaking”, stated Laurent.
  Everyone was shocked but, they agreed to help him to find Larry.
“So, tomorrow we will meet up back at my house so we can figure out what to do”, said Laurent.
When everyone left, Laurent started to feel worried. Then realizes that he knows that he don’t want lose his brother because they’re very close to each other.
So, Laurent is watching T.V. when he hears a knock at the door. So, He when to go open the door, his friends were here. They came in thought their plan.
“So, what we gonna do to get Larry back”, said Tyler.
“Well, first we have to find where he’s at, first we have to go to the park to meet up with someone”, stated Laurent.
So, everyone met up at the park. Laurent looked around for the guy and he finds him.  Then, he seeks over by the oak tree quiet as a mouse.
“Can you tell me anything about where my brother could be”, Laurent whispered.
  “Well, I did see some people walking with a duffle bag going into abandoned building across from the amusement park.”
  “Well thanks”, Laurent sighed.
After talking to they talk to the man, Laurent tells his friends what the man told him. “What did he say”, everyone yelled.
“Well, he said that he saw some people with a duffle bag going into an abandoned building”, stated Laurent. “Well, we should go down there now” yelled Tyler. “Well, let.
After they left the park, they went to the building.
“Well here we are,” said Tyler.
They notice everything around them. Everything in there looks like a tornado went through the whole thing.
“Okay, now everyone have to split up to see if we can them,” Laurent stated.
  After a while, no one found anything.
“I don’t see anything”, yelled Laurent
.  “Me neither”, yelled Tyler.
Then, everyone met back up in front of the building.
“Well, guess we have to think, where could they be”, said Tyler.
Then Laurent get a video message on his phone.
He answers it, “Well I guess you finally I know what happens if you mess with me”, said the man.”
Where’s Larry”, Laurent yelled.”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about?” the man questioned.
Then in the background Laurent hears Larry in the background. “Don’t worry, we’ll find you I promise”, Laurent stated.
“Well, I’ll give you a hint, somewhere that you would go that’s far away from here “, said the man.
After that, the video hung up. Everyone noticed that Laurent looked worried. “All I know is that we’ll find him I promise”, said Aaliyah.
They went back home, and try to think about where Larry could be.
“Well, I feel like that they could be in Miami”, said Tyler.
“That, might be a good idea, well now we have to get some things so we can get Larry back”, said Laurent.
After they left the building, everyone went to sleep. While in Miami, Larry was in room with the door cracked open, Larry hurries to the door. Unfortunely, a guy grabbed Larry’s shoulder and then passes out.
Next morning, Laurent wakes up and goes downstairs and watches TV. Then he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door; he looks down reading a note.
“I’ll give you a hint of where I could be”, said the man; “It’s somewhere that you would go but it not far and it’s very warm.” Laurent gets furious and crumbled the note and called everyone.
Everyone was over Laurent’s house.
“I don’t why he’s doing this to me, I didn’t do anything”, said Laurent.
  “Well, maybe it might be something you did but you can’t remember”, said Aaliyah.
Then Laurent tries to remember.
` “Well, it happened a long time ago me and Larry was in high school, it was around Larry’s birthday and I want to get him something special”, said Laurent.
“It was a pair of shoes that cost a lot of money but I forgot to pay him back.” Everyone felt like they had an idea what to do.
“Maybe, if you get enough money then you might get Larry back”, said Tyler.
“That might be a good idea I have been saving money for a rainy day”, Laurent stated.
“Well I only have five hundred dollars”, said Laurent.
“I have four hundred dollars, that should be enough to pay him back”, said Aaliyah.
“No, because I owe him five thousand dollars, “said Laurent. “Are you serious?” said Tyler and Aaliyah.
“Maybe, we can ask are friends to helps us out”, Aaliyah sighed.
                                              “Well let’s go”, said Laurent.
So, after a few days they finally got five thousand dollars. They got on a plane and went to Miami. When they got there they found the place.
“Okay now we need to figure out which room it is”, said Laurent.
So, they walk around and try to find the room. Suddenly everything got quiet but too quiet. Then, Laurent wakes up feeling dizzy.
“What happened”, said Laurent.
He looks around seeing Aaliyah, Tyler, and Larry on the other side of the room. Everyone was tied up. Luckily, Laurent had a pocket knife. He rips the rope. While he was trying to get everyone else out he sees a shadow behind him.
“Well, I guess you finally found me”, said the man.
“I can’t believe that you would do this to me.”
“We used to be best friends, why do you seem like we have a problem with each other”, said Laurent.
Then suddenly the man threw the first punch, and then Laurent punched. The man falls to the ground.
“See, we didn’t have to go through this”, said Laurent.
Then Laurent grabs his shoulder tightly making him passed out. Laurent tells everyone go outside. They went back home.
“I’m sorry I got you into to this stuff “, said Laurent.
“It’s okay but if you try to get me something nice just get something simple”, said Larry.
After getting Larry back Laurent realized that he has gotten closer to his brother since they were younger.