Obsession | Teen Ink

Obsession

May 24, 2016
By Anonymous

‘I love her. She's absolutely perfect….yet she's with that obnoxious Altean prince.’

 

Another beautiful day at the Smash Mansion. Everything is the same as always, never changing. Roy and Peach fighting, Link and Zelda being overly romantic. Same old. Same old. I sat next to the angry pyro, who was fighting with the blonde princess, staring blankly at the entrance to the cafeteria. Why was I staring you may ask. I was waiting for a beautiful fighter dressed in a skin tight blue suit, known as Samus. Lately, I haven't seen her, which bothers me, but I'm sure she's alright.

 

I was then released from my daydream by a bickering Roy.
“Ike! Are you listening?!”
I faced him with a small smile,
“Yeah.” I lied, my eyes flickering back to the door.
“Suuuurrrreee you were and Peach is actually cute.” He rolled his eyes, earning a hard slap to the face by the pink dressed princess.
“For your information, Roy, I am cute!” She huffed before stomping off angrily.

 

While we watched Peach march away, my eyes glanced back to the door before shining brightly. There she was. The love of my life. Samus. There she was, walking through the door with….the one person I despise most.

 

Marth.

 

‘He's nothing. She's everything.’

 

How could she be walking with that jerk in a golden tiara? That should be me in his place. He doesn't deserve her attention. He doesn't deserve to be next my Samus. I look away, my stomach doing flips at the ravenous scene. I think I'm going to be sick.

 

Here they come walking towards the table I'm sitting at with Roy, Link, and Zelda.
Samus looked over at the table with a ghost of smile.
I honestly can't believe it.

 

She's smiling. She's happy…this is the first time I've ever seen her smile. This is the first time I've ever seen her happy.

 

And it wasn't because of me.

 

‘She deserves someone better. Someone like me. I would treat her better than him.’

 

They arrived at the table. Marth smiled brightly at us.
“Hey everyone!” He greeted before taking a seat next to Link with Samus right beside him. Only Roy, Link, and Zelda responded.

 

I refused to.

 

I refused to respond to this no good prince.

 

Samus glanced at me with a confused yet upset expression, probably wondering why I didn't respond.

 

I looked away.

 

I can't stand to see her pained expressions.

 

Roy smiled, “Hey Marth and Samus, what's up?”
Marth smiled softly glancing at each one of us. “Nothing much, I just confessed my feelings to Samus, which she returned.” He laughed softly.

 

That's it.

 

That's what broke my sanity.

 

‘Yet, she refuses to acknowledge my love and attention. She's too infatuated with that blue-haired menace.’

 

I looked down at my food with a twisted face. I stood up abruptly and walked away from the table. I felt multiple pairs of eyes at my back. As I made my way to the exit, Roy called out to me.

“Where are you going, Ike?”

 

I ignored him, continuing to walk out of the cafeteria.

How could she pick that jerk over me?

 

Just how…?

 

I stopped in front of my room. I just stared blankly at the smooth, brown door in front of me. A devious thought crossed my mind….


If I can’t have Samus, no one can…

~

Days later, I sat in the cafeteria. Another beautiful day at the Smash Mansion. Everything is the same as always, never changing. Roy and Peach fighting, Link and Zelda being overly romantic. Same old. Same old. I sat next to the angry pyro, who was fighting with the blonde princess, staring blankly at the entrance to the cafeteria. Why was I staring you may ask. I was waiting for a beautiful fighter dressed in a skin tight blue suit, known as Samus, but I was certain she would never walk through that door again.
.
.
.
.
.
‘I love her.  She's absolutely perfect…..she's my obsession.’