Thug Life | Teen Ink

Thug Life

By XXX.SAVAGECIVILIAN420.XXX BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
XXX.SAVAGECIVILIAN420.XXX BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

I slowly wake to the roar of a plane engine. Before I can grasp reality, the flight attendant asks “Jerome I mean Jay do you need some water or anything”. I give her a blank look so she assumes it’s a no. All I can remember are the words” Jay mom just got shot and it’s not looking good. My only objective is to find who killed my moms.
“Ladies and gentleman please buckle your seatbelts, we are approaching Compton California.”
I check to see if the 2 grand is still in my pocket. I stretch and reach in my pocket and it’s there. I whisper the words “Thank you” to myself and people turn around and stare at me.
I slowly get off the plane and I spot my grandpa. I walk over.
“Hey grandpa, how are you.” I ask. He looks at me with a confused look. One as if I were a solicitor who approached him on the street. “Grandpa, Do you know who I am.”
“Um….no I don’t.”
I hear a voice from behind. It seems like one of a pro wrestler.
“Jay come over here” he says.
I turn around and it’s my uncle Tre ‘Sean.
“Sup uncle Tre”
“Sup Jay” he replies.
“Uncle Tre how is the squad” I ask. He pauses for a moment. It is the kind of pause they make in movies to avoid saying the wrong thing.
“It’s good I guess”
“You know Unc what happened was unavoidable.” He quickly changes the subject.
“You know what Jay; let’s go get something to eat,” He insists.
“That sounds good.” I reply.
We walk for about 10 minutes then I see it, the same ’64 Porsche with the peeling paint and the velvet seats. We stand outside of the car and have a short conversation
“Unc, when you gone get that velvet fixed, you gone give somebody rug burns. “I ask
“Jay when you gone get some Jheri curls.”
“I done told you Unc. Those curls is gay. “
“Those curls is gangsta. Get it right young hummie.” He replies.
“What you know ‘bout gangster.” I ask.
“When you live here in the CPT you catch on pretty quick.” He replies.
We get in the car when we see a group of people wearing blue bandanas circling around our car.
“What you wanna hear Jay.” He asks.
“I wanna hear some of that NWA stuff.” I reply. I turn up the radio and sing along.
“Woke up quick at about noon.  Just knew that that I had to be Compton soon. I gotta get drunk before the day begins. ‘bout to go out dang near went blind. Young ninjas down the path throwing up gang signs.” We arrive at McDonalds.
“Jay get what you want, cuz I ain’t hungry”
“I would like a BigMac meal.”
“Your total will be 5.78” she replies
We pull up to the window. I see this really pretty light skinned girl and I try to act smooth.
“That will be 5.78.”She states. I give her a 20.
“Keep the change you deserve it.” I reply.
When she gives me the food she gives me her number. “Here you go, you deserve it.” She says. We pull off.
“Oh I see you playa.”
“Unc, Man that’s just what I do.” I say
We slowly go from 25 to about 60. We enter into a school zones and
Uncle Tre doesn’t seem to be slowing up.
“Unc, you are going too fast. You need to slow down” I say. Before he can turn around I feel a mist of blood cover my face. Soon my white robin jeans are dark red. He’s lost so much blood I can tell he’s dead. I can hear bullets whizz by my head. I duck and the car get hit. The spark from it ignites the velvet on the seat, and in an instant the cars back seat is on fire.  I crawl out the door and head for the abando. I crawl around the back of it and see light coming from inside. I go in the door and hear multiple guns load.
“Don’t shoot. Don’t shoot.” I say.
“Come in slowly.” says a masculine voice from inside.
I walk in and slowly creep around the corner. I see 7 boys and 8 girls. I see all of them. Then I look over and I see the girl from the restaurant. I wave at her.
“Do y’all know each other.” asks one of the gang members. I know that they are Crips because of the blue bandanas
“You was supposed to call me,” States the girl from McDonalds. “My name is Aubrielle.”
“My name is Jay.” I reply. There is a long awkward pause.
“Well what do you need hummie. One of her gang members shouts.
“My uncle was just shot outside and I was wondering if you guys could give me a place to stay, I will pay you back.” I reply. They all look around at each other and pause.
“I'm sorry hummie but you need to get out of here asking me for stuff.” one of them replies sarcastically.
“Forget y'all then.” I reply. Before I can turn around I am being pinned to the wall. With a knife stuck to my throat. The smells of gold grills come from his mouth and stick to my face.
“Aight yo uncle owed me money. So did his sister Cynthia. If you don't wanna end up like them I suggest you get out of my house.” He replies. This is the man who killed moms.
I stumble my way out of the door. When I leave out I feel a throbbing pain. I feel my head to discover that I was cut in the scuffle. I don't know what to do about the whole situation. So I decide to get help from another person.  I go over to a homeless man I see on the corner.
“Hello.” I say
“Sup, young blood.” He replies.
“My Uncle and mom were killed by the Crips; I want to make the Crips pay for what they did, what should I do?” I ask.
“You should make them pay.” he replies. “What were their names?” he asks.
“Cynthia and Tre ‘Sean Jackson,” I reply
I hop and my bike and ride away. I head for my uncle's house. He always leaves his door unlocked. I walk inside to find a group of bloods. I walk in and tell them what's going on.
“Are y’all bloods?” I ask.
“Naw are you stupid do you see the red.” he replies.
“Can I join your gang?” I ask.
“We gon have to jump you in.” He adds.  After being jumped 12 to 1 I am finally in the gang. I get the red bandana and the mac 10 with 600 bullets. They say that we are going to attack the Crips early in the morning.
I wake up at 7 o’clock in the morning to get ready. I eat a bowl of Fruity Pebbles and wait for the gang to come down. They come down around 7:20 and we go get in the El Camino. I make sure to grab my mac of the shelf. I guess that word spread around about me getting revenge on the Crips because when we get to a stop light a car pulls up and starts shooting. Everybody has been hit except me. I get out and unload my clip. Bop Bop Bop.
I hit the guy who pinned me to the wall and I can tell that it's a head shot. He’s dead.  I get hit about 15 times before I collapse to the ground.  I hear a muffled scream before; Aubrielle runs up and calls the police. The next thing I know I am being shoved into an ambulance. I slip into a dark void. I can hear everything around me but I just can’t see it. I hear Aubrielle balling her eyes out. This dark void turns white with a deafening high pitched noise. I hear the words clear before my eyes open slowly. I see Aubrielle next to my side but I can't feel her touching my hand. I try and get up to hug her but the sharp pain throughout my chest forces me to lie back down.
“Aubrielle do you love me?” I ask.
“Yes Jay.” Her eyes tear up and she gives me a kiss on the forehead. I die in her arms.  I live by the gun and die by the gun
?????????+ 

A troubled teen tries to find out who killed his mom. He faces a few troubles on the way. But are they worth it.

on Jun. 3 2016 at 10:12 am
TikiTobi PLATINUM, Traverse City, Michigan

I got a ton of work to do. A SKELEton.
I need to put a little more BackBONE into it.
I deserve PUNishment.
Nyeh heh heh!

Oh well... That was... interesting.