my life | Teen Ink

my life

By aversbloodbloom BRONZE, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
aversbloodbloom BRONZE, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania

The ball’s up in the air, I jump I. “mom what are you doing in here?” “I came to get your laundry.” “Whatever just hurry up.”  That could have gone better, I think to myself. My name is Kirsten; I’m a 13 year old normal teenage girl. By normal I mean I dream of playing football with the big leagues. Or Sheyn. Sheyn fuller, the school jock.  He’s the cutest boy in our school. I would die if he ever asked me out. Like today he hugged me because I was a little down and I couldn’t stop thinking about it for the rest of the day. It was pretty amazing, the way he wrapped his arm around me. I died inside but at the same time I lived. It was absolutely amazing.  I wish it would last forever, but it didn’t. After that we didn’t really talk. We never really talked it was mutual. He said I was a pretty cool, I basically died inside. If only things like that happened more often. I mean I had a crush on a boy named riley and his friends dared him to walk up and ask me out but by the time I went to say my answer he said “jk, it was just a dare” I basically died on the inside but not like the died inside when sheyn hugged me I mean I died inside like my heart just broke into little tiny pieces. I ran away crying. Nobody seemed to care. After that I asked them what they were thinking and riley said it was just a joke and that nobody likes me. I didn’t go to school after that for three days. I don’t really know what was happening to me. I never acted like that before that I was never into dating guys. Something strange just happened to me that week. I had a crush on a guy, I cried in front of the school, and I skipped the next three days? What happened to me? I was so confused the next few weeks that my grades started dropping. I didn’t play football with my friends for awhile. It was like something took over my body. A few weeks past and I guess I went back to normal after that. I starting playing football, I starting singing in English, but something was still wrong. I couldn’t get over riley, every time I saw him I wanted to burst out in to tears and hope he’ll notice and say “hey you want to go get a smoothie later” but he never did. I don’t know why but I just kept trying to talk to him and what not. I would start a conversation with hey and he would end it with leave me alone. After that I tried to go to cyber but my friend wouldn’t let me leave her. She said don’t leave me with all these idiots. So I didn’t. So finally I got over riley then I realized I was falling for his friend sheyn which I did mention before. Days go past and every time I pass sheyn I just look at him and smile. I still can’t believe he said I was a cool person. Anyways so after that I heard they would allow girls to play football and it just so happen that sheyn was on the football team so I decided to sign up. I made it through football camp but after that I just couldn’t take it. All the people telling me to quit or they’ll hurt me. What did I do to them? Then after that other girls that like sheyn found out I liked him so they started to spread rumors about me. Saying I was dating someone and I was cheating on them. Sometimes they would say it’s my fault my brother was in a car accident, all because he was picking me up from a game and he swerved and hit a tree and he we rushed to the emergency room but didn’t pull through. I was kind of different for a few weeks after that, I had forgotten to smile, no one could make me frown, and my siblings were devastated and mad. I blamed myself for a while but then people convinced me that it wasn’t my fault and that it was a deer that caused him to swerve and not me. So now other girls use that as my weakness. Everybody knows that’s how you get to me now. It used to be where no one knew my weakness and I never showed mercy toward anybody but my family. To be honest I don’t think my best friend has ever seen me cry. I liked it that way because then no one could bully me or push me around. One time I broke my arm in gym but I refused to cry just so people knew I wasn’t a weak little girl. Nobody wanted to mess with me inside or outside of school. Those were the good days but now people have me down in my grave, they just say three words and I break a little inside. The three words that say it all, “it’s you fault.” Those are the words my friends try their best not to say around me. Anyway so now were moving on, I have a game in less than an hour but I’m to busy crying my eyes out in the girls bathroom because of sheyn. I really want to ask him out but I’m scared he’ll reject me like every other boy, but if I don’t ask him Ill regret it when I’m older. You’ll only regret the decisions you didn’t take. I’m going to do it but not today or tomorrow maybe some time next week. I have to go I have a game, all be back. *three hours later*.  so our team to a victory today and my best friend.  Her name is lai and we have been friends for almost two years now. I don’t know what I would do without her in my life, id probably die. I still remember the day we met. She moved here and was new to the school, nobody really talked to her so I felt bad. After I found that stuff out I walked up to her and said hi, she said hey and that was all it took for us to be best friends. We hung out a lot after that. We went to each other’s house and we did zombie makeup. She completes me like for real. Without her I would be in Cyber School for the rest of my life. I’m glad we met. Well anyway she’s on the cheer team and our game was tied for the first, second, and third quarter but fourth quarter there was like a minute left and we scored then got the ball and stalled for the last thirty seconds or so. The cheer leaders went crazy because they thought it would go into overtime and they really wanted to leave because we were going to get mc Donald’s after the game so yeah. When we were at mc Donald’s me and lia sat near the bathroom and it smelt really bad but it was the warmest part of the restaurant. So that’s my story of how all this happened.