My Story | Teen Ink

My Story

I heard the news; it was all around the world. There were people looking for me, what should I do? I was afraid. As I lay down on my bed, I started remembering my friend was kidnapped two years ago. All I could remember was her beautiful face and her fancy clothes. Since, the time she was kidnapped nobody knew anything about her, and they supposed she died. Her name was “Rachel.” Rachel parents looked for her for about a year, they didn’t find her and give up really easily. As I kept thinking about Rachel, I started to overthink everything. I started to think a man wanted to kidnapped me, since my parents died a long time ago, I knew nobody would search for me. I was afraid. That day at 9 am when I heard the news, I stayed the whole day under my kitchen table, tumbling and crying. I knew everything was so weird, why would someone want a girl without parents, without money. Since, I was a little girl, I knew my biggest fear was being kidnapped. My mother used to tell me about all those stories, people invented and when my friend Rachel was kidnapped my life changed. I didn’t have anyone anymore; I was alone pretending to be okay. The news mentioned, there were looking for “Rosalinda Martinez” I knew there were looking for me, but I didn’t understood why.  I knew people did know where I lived and I was not safe here, but I didn’t have anywhere else to go. I couldn’t imagine living the only thing my parents left me with. For a moment, I started thinking, I was overreacting and it was all a lie.

The most terrible experience; On December 9, 2013 I was kidnapped.  About 6 months ago the news informed me some people where looking for me. I thought it was a false alarm, I decided to ignore and just move forward with my life. Until the night of December 9, 2013 I was sleeping on my bed, until some wired noises woke me up. Some seconds after I woke up, I realized someone was inside my house. Sometimes I get some feelings like this, but this was different. This was true; someone was inside my house and I new it.
“It’s just my mind, it’s just my mind,” I repeated to my self, trying to make sure there was nobody inside my house.
Suddenly, I began to see something besides me, all I could remember, was seeing an old guy. I began to scream, until some gloves covered my mouth. I started moving my feet as fast as I could, tears came down my eyes and my hands where trembling. I can’t describe the feeling I had, I was so afraid.  I didn’t understood what they wanted from me, until I started to remember about the news I heard about 6 months ago. All I could remember was being locked down in a trunk. And that’s how my story ended.

Kidnapping story