Ranch Dressing | Teen Ink

Ranch Dressing

January 25, 2016
By idiotdirtbag SILVER, Albany, Oregon
idiotdirtbag SILVER, Albany, Oregon
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I require ham." -Luke Hemmings


Luke and Ashton were on a public transit with a ton of people. One of those people being Ben, Luke's older brother. They were on their way to the beach so they could have a day of fun in the sun. Luke had suggested driving themselves rather than taking transit, however Ashton and Ben agreed that it was better for the environment to use public transportation.

There was hardly any room. All three of them were pressed up against each other as well as strangers on either side of Luke and Ben, leaving Ashton in the middle. Ashton held onto Luke's hand, occasionally laying his head on Luke's shoulder. Luke would just  smile at how cute his boyfriend was being, despite him getting extremely annoyed with the kid next to him. This kid was probably ten and was super obnoxious. He didn't sit still, he was very loud, he kept making weird hand gestures, he was eating chicken strips, and to make it all worse, his mother wasn't doing anything to control him.

Constantly, this kid was banging into Luke, making Luke tense up every time. The kid didn't bother chewing with his mouth closed and he had the greasiest fingers that he was touching everything with.

Luke clenched his teeth and leaned over to Ashton. "I'm going to kill him."

Ashton looked over at the blond, brows c***ed, face looking as confused as possible. "What are you talking about, babe?"

"The kid sitting next to me is driving me crazy. I'm pretty sure I'm going to kill him."

"Oh calm down, you aren't going to kill anyone. You'll be fine. I promise."

Luke rolled his eyes as the kid "accidentally" brushed his greasy, chicken-covered fingertips on Luke's leg. "Ash, please switch spots with me."

Ashton let out an amused laugh. "Absolutely not."

"Then let me sit on your lap please?" Luke asked with hopeful eyes.

"No, you're heavy. We've got less than five minutes left until we get to the beach, you can deal."

Luke groaned and threw his head back. He kept it there until he felt something cold and wet on his thigh, followed by hearing a small "Oops." Luke slowly looked down at his leg, noticing a big pile of ranch dressing lying on it. "What the f***? Awh. C'mon!"

The kid looked at him. "I'm sorry, mister. I got bumped and it spilled. I-I'll clean it off!"

The kid grabbed a napkin and began swiping the ranch off and then rubbing it. Luke thought for a moment, trying to figure out how he was going to get the ranch stain out his swim trunks. He then remembered what his mum had told him about removing condiments stains: "Dab, don't rub."

The tall lad frantically pushed off the kid's hands. "Please stop. Stop, you're making it worse! My shorts are going to be stained forever. Oh my god, please stop touching me!"

The kid did as he was told, now being slightly frightened by the eighteen-year-old yelling at him. He put his chicken strips away and sat quietly, looking at his dirty hands in his lap. Luke crossed his arms, huffing in annoyance. Ashton looked at him with a look of disbelief. "Lucas, what was that?"

"The kid got ranch on me!" Luke violently pointed to the stain on his lap.

"Okay, but you shouldn't have yelled at him. He's just a kid, babe. You've got to learn when it is and isn't okay lash out. I understand that he made you upset, but I think you need to apologize to him right now or else no more kisses for a week."

Luke grimaced at the threat his boyfriend was giving him. He turned away and grumbled an apology to the small kid. The transit came to a halt and people began spilling out, along with Luke, Ashton, and Ben. Once they got out, Ben pulled his younger brother away, next to a tree and he looked furious.

"What?" Luke asked curious, yet slightly annoyed.

Ben rolled his eyes. "What do you mean 'what'? You yelled at a little kid for Christ's sake!"

"I didn't mean to, it was like a reaction. I have no impulse control, you know that!"

Ashton awkwardly stood beside Luke as he was getting nagged at by Ben. People walking by continually looking over at them to see what all the ruckus was. Ben was throwing up his hands and waving them all over the place as his voice grew louder and his face grew redder.

"Why would you do that? What even happened that made you even think about yelling at such a small boy?!"

"He spilled ranch on me! All over my leg!" Luke said defensively, pointing to the salad dressing stain that was on his shorts, much like he did when he showed it to Ashton.

"So? You know mum could just wash them and get the stain out!"

Ben continued nagging the blond, repeating what he had already said, but in different words. Luke was getting more and more annoyed with his brother yelling and decided to take matters into his own hands. He needed some way to block out what Ben was saying. What could he do to do that?

"Let's go to the beach-each, let's go get away," Luke began singing. "They say, what the gonna say? Have a drink, clink, found the Bud Light. Bad b****es like me, is hard to come by."

Ashton noticed what Luke was doing and decided that he didn't deserve to get yelled at as much as was. So, to help his boyfriend out, he began to beat box.

The two boys were dancing around to the beat Ashton was laying down as Luke continued to sing. "Starships were meant to fly! Hands up, and touch the sky! Can't stop, 'cause we're so high! Let's do this one more time!"

Ben rolled his eyes once more and groaned loudly. "Ugh! Just shut up, Lucas! You guys are so weird!"

Luke and Ashton stopped making music and Ben stomped away. It was obvious he was pissed. The couple looked at each other and smiled.

"Thanks for backing me up, babe," Luke said.

Ashton smiled, displaying his cute, ocean-deep dimples and wrapped his arms around the taller boy's neck. He placed a soft kiss to Luke's lips. He pulled away and looked into the beautiful, blue eyes before him. "Any time. You know I never pass up an opportunity for a musical number."

Luke scoffed whilst laughing and set his hand's on Ashton's hips. "Please never call it that again. Ever."

"What? A musical number? Because that's what it is."

"Yes. Call it a song... Or a performance if you will."

"You are such a bore."

The two lads grabbed each other's hands and entwined their fingers. They walked down to the beach, specifically where the dry sand was, and they sat down on a log that was there. Moments later, Ben wandered by and stopped in front of them.

"Hey, big brother," Luke smiled, squinting at the sun burning into his eyes.

"Are you guys done singing that awful song?" Ben questioned. The two younger boys shared a look, then nodded. Ben took a seat on the log next to Luke and continued talking. "I still don't see why you yelled at an innocent little boy like that,  Luke. It was really unnecessary."

"He spilled ranch dressing on me!"


The author's comments:

Luke and Ashton from 5 Seconds Of Summer