Dear Hogwarts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By , Pittsburgh, PA

Dear Albus Dumbledore,

I am writing to inquire about the absence of my acceptance letter to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I know not every owl can be 100 percent dependable, but what I don’t understand is how many owls it could possibly take until my letter arrives. I’m not asking to compete in the Triwizard Tournament or anything too extravagant, but I would like to know when I can catch the next train leaving King’s Cross station. I realize that seats on the train are limited, and so I would like to point out that I’m not particular and that I wouldn’t mind arriving at school by flying car.

I do also think that the lack of letters in my mail could be because both of my parents are muggles. However, don’t let that fool you. I know for a fact that I contain potential to be an excellent witch. For example, one time in the fifth grade I sneezed and my dog levitated! Now, it is up to interpretation whether the dog simply jumped out of fear, but my analysis is that the dog did in fact levitate. I believe that this was just the start of my magical talent, and through learning at Hogwarts I hope to expand my skills.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you and finally receiving my acceptance letter with your response.

Sincerely,

A Future Hogwarts Graduate

P.S. No rush on your response, but I was hoping to arrive in time for Quidditch tryouts.

harrypotterfangirl123 said...
today at 7:54 pm
I'm still waiting for that letter too!

WritingAddict03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 26 at 11:46 pm
THAT. WAS. AWESOME! Very well written and so relatable! You have no idea how many such letters I have written, only to find that I have no address to send them too. However, (please keep in mind that I almost hate myself for even mentioning this because your letter is so absolutely amazing! please almost completely ignore these corrections,) Dumbledore is dead, no matter how many times you've read the book again thinking that maybe it was just a nightmare and the whole thing is over. I love that... (more »)

WriteFreakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 8 at 5:43 pm
@Artistic_Geek_Roo_10 My friend is still a believer that Hogwarts exists. 17 years old. Hogwarts Letters Sent: 3. Quidditch Practicing Sessions on a broomstick: 1,000,000,000. Magic Wands Owned: 4.

WritingAddict03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sep. 26 at 11:48 pm
"Of course it is all in your head Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore

Artistic_Geek_Roo_10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 8 at 7:59 pm
Ha ha! So relatable!

StrangerPeculiars said...
May 18 at 10:32 pm
This is a very well written letter, great job!

VictrixThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 27 at 9:56 pm
Dumbledore is dead. Send it to Professor McGonagall.

forgettingtohuman replied...
May 13 at 3:19 pm
oh god too soon

MissZillions said...
Feb. 13 at 6:06 pm
Made me laugh, seriously. Harry Potter obsession kills me sometimes, too.

CaptainUnBearable said...
Jan. 25 at 1:48 pm
See Dumbledore is dead that's why no one is responding to you, you should send it to someone else.

TheEvergreenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 14 at 2:36 pm
Ok this is actually the best thing ever

Jk123 said...
This is really good

lovebella123 said...
when i was 11 my parents gave me a hogwarts letter for by birthday as a joke. I knew it was just a prank, but i still had hope that my letter would arrive. totally relateable. my hogwarts letter could still come! It's not too late!

ida.blueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 26, 2016 at 11:52 am
I love this! It perfectly describes the last four years of my life. :)

Kani_Crab said...
Jun. 4, 2016 at 4:43 am
Really nice and hilarious.

cjwriter235 said...
Apr. 26, 2016 at 7:51 am
I have been waiting for my letter for a while now. When Is Hogwarts going to send their Owl?

ajain18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Definitely. I wonder who has been opening my letters, then. Obviously, they knew Harry wasn't replying to Hogwarts and sent Hagrid off after him, so who replied to my letters? This must be some sort of muggle government conspiracy to weaken the magical community by cutting off the muggleborns, or something.

Nated315 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:28 am
I've been awaiting my letter ever since I was younger.... You know, even the magical community makes mistakes.

Leigh116 said...
This is seriously amazing!

midnightpianist said...
This is amazing! I love it! It is very creative!