The orphan | Teen Ink

The orphan

November 19, 2015
By Mwabz BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Mwabz BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Once upon a time their lived a girl called Niota. Niota was a beautiful girl. She had beautiful mocha skin, a pretty face, long dark hair and dark brown eyes. She was 5.4 feet tall and had an hour glass figure. She was not just beautiful on the outside but on the inside too. Now Niota was not just beautiful but also smart. She had the highest grades in class since she could be able to go to school.

One thing that was not so good about Niota is she was an orphan, an orphan in Congo. Niota did not live in an orphanage but with her aunt, uncle and cousin. You would think that her life was good. That she had family who supported her and comforted her but you are wrong. Niota lived a life of misery. All the women in the house mistreated her due to jealousy of her beauty and brains.
While her cousin would go to school by car she was forced to walk. While her cousin got to go shopping she would stay home and clean. While her cousin would sleep in a luxurious bed she had a blanket and a matt to sleep on. While her cousin would eat snacks and 3 meals a day she would only eat one meal and one snack a day even though she was the one who spent the whole day cooking for the family.
One day Niota came home from school, cleaned the house, prepared the food, cleaned the dishes after and decided to do her homework like always. While she was doing her homework her cousin, came to provoke her.
“Hey Niota! What are you doing?” Rose said, peering over her shoulder to look at her work.
“I’m just doing my homework.” Niota answered.
“Why are you even bothering yourself with school we all know you are going to cheat anyways, that’s the only way you would be able to pass.” Rose said with bitterness.
“No! I have never cheated and I will never cheat!” Niota said sadly.
“Oh please stop lying! As If being dumb is not enough you’re ugly too.” Rose said with an evil smile on her face. Niota, used to all this, decided to ignore to her and focus on her work. “No one will ever like you with your ugliness! You’re going to die dumb, ugly and, alone!” Rose laughed as she walked away. A tear fell from Niota’s eye as she thought of what rose had told her. She remembered when her mother used to tell her that education was the only thing that would lead her to success. As she continued to do her homework she decided that even if she ended up alone, she should at least have a good education to get a good job and house.
As Niota grew up, she continued to have good grades and stayed positive. One very handsome gentleman called Maxwell was blown away by Niota’s beauty, grace and brains. One day he decided to approach her.
“Hi! You’re Niota, right?” Max asked.
“Yes! Can I help you?” Niota asked, surprised he was even talking to her.
“Actually you can. I was wondering if you could help me out with some school work.” He said; scratching the back of his head nervously.
“Why me?” Niota asked puzzled.
“Why not? You’re the smartest girl I know. I want to learn from the best!” he said smiling his million dollar smile. Niota blushed looking down to her work.
“Ok! When do you want to start?” she asked.
“Whenever you want. I’ll always have time for you!” he said with a smirk on his face. Shy Niota answered.
“Ok! Is tomorrow morning ok?” she asked.
“Yes, it’s perfect. See you then.” He said as he walked away backwards with a lingering look. That was the beginning of a wonderful relationship. They graduated for university together got married, got a house, and started a family together. Niota became a doctor and max a lawyer. Even though her life started of rocky she was able to live in joy for the rest of her life.
Fin