The Day of Reckoning | Teen Ink

The Day of Reckoning

October 20, 2015
By arceus_by_trade BRONZE, Crestview, Florida
arceus_by_trade BRONZE, Crestview, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

an excerpt:

I was nearly dead. My Booster rocket had been out of fuel for a while, and Quote was lying in a heap, defeated by the spears of the final stage of Ballos, the maker of the demon crown. All I had left was one Charged Spur shot left. Out of nowhere came..."Oh Yeaaaaah!!!!" "Balrog? Is that you?" I whispered. "The one and only! Now watch and learn!" Balrog punched some numbers in on the keypad on his arm, and a gigantic Spur beam, fully charged, came out of his fist. It cut Ballos' head clean off. "Come on! We have to leave!" Balrog roared. "No! I won't leave here without Quote. Come on, Quote! Pull through... We need you! I need you..." I protested. But Quote wouldn't get up. 5 or so Butes came in to shoot, and I fired my last charge off. It flew true, and killed 4 of them. But the last one would not be so easily deterred. I dragged Quote onto Balrog's back and escaped, leaving just as the island crumbled. Peace remained, for now...

Chapter 1: Like Hell

I was nearly dead. My Booster rocket had been out of fuel for a while, and Quote was lying in a heap, defeated by the spears of the final stage of Ballos, the maker of the demon crown. All I had left was one Charged Spur shot left. Out of nowhere came..."Oh Yeaaaaah!!!!" "Balrog? Is that you?" I whispered. "The one and only! Now watch and learn!" Balrog punched some numbers in on the keypad on his arm, and a gigantic Spur beam, fully charged, came out of his fist. It cut Ballos' head clean off. "Come on! We have to leave!" Balrog roared. "No! I won't leave here without Quote. Come on, Quote! Pull through... We need you! I need you..." I protested. But Quote wouldn't get up. 5 or so Butes came in to shoot, and I fired my last charge off. It flew true, and killed 4 of them. But the last one would not be so easily deterred. I dragged Quote onto Balrog's back and escaped, leaving just as the island crumbled. Peace remained, for now...

Chapter 2: This is only the beginning...

Almost 10 years later, I am now with Quote as he heals from his fading injuries. I now have two people that I would trust my life with, Quote and Balrog, who has been proving even more kind and benevolent. Quote is happy, mainly because I have been his best friend through all this. Sadly, I have been summoned to the capital, so I have to be the bearer of bad news again. There has been one other time, about a year after he was healed enough to go home...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "I will never fight again?" Quote asked me, after I recieved this heart-wrenching information via uplink to a data station. "Probably not, although there is a chance that your guns and targeting sensors can be fixed and/or replaced. It will take time though," I assured him, knowing it was the truth that they had not told me...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The news is bad... I am being called in to fight once more. On behalf of the capital, we, not I but WE, will be fighting a new group of Butes calling themselves the Bloodline Clan. You were upgraded in your sleep. You have new Targeting systems, guns, armor and your old Blade." I told Quote this when he woke up. "Wait, they packed my old Blade in there? You mean King's Blade?" Quote asked. "The same one." And just like that we were sent on our latest, and possibly last, mission...

Chapter 3: Chapter 2: The Blood of the Bloodline Butes

The leader of the Bloodline tribe was none other than the very same bute who was supposedly killed by the island's collapse. He had been bottling up his rage for a while. If you are counting 10 years as a while, at least. So, needless to say, he was pretty pissed that I was back, his mortal enemy.

As soon as we arrived we were captured and questioned. We were being interrogated by the blood Bute king himself: Spawn of Ballos. He somehow kept us running(we were dying by the end of the interrogation), but, on the fifth day, he had a few guests... and they were some of his worst enemies.

Chapter 4: Enter Balrog (Misery Strikes Again)

One minute I was carrying Quote out, the next I was on the floor being shot at. Balrog was standing there, calm as ever, while Misery was on his shoulder. "You TRAITOR!" I screamed. "How could you? We went through so much for you..." I was sobbing by this point. Balrog simply stated, "No, you didn't. You went through the trouble of making me soft." At this point, Quote was unconscious from all the gunfire.

How Balrog could do this is beyond us. He was our friend and now he has betrayed us, just like most of our friends did. Let me explain something; have you ever been turned from a robot to a human by magic? It's painful as hell, I can guarantee you that. That's what Misery did to us. She also brought two Strongarm Butes. They were successful in carrying off my greatest ally...

Chapter 5: The Blood Rite

"No! QUOTE!!!!" I screamed, as he was taken away to the Blood Rite. The blood was to be drained from his body and drank by the clan leader. I would be next on the list. The problem was that I was withholding valuable information. That is why the Blood Rite began this early. They were torturing us to get information. "Balrog, why would you do this????" I sobbed. He replied, "It's simple, really. You killed Ballos." Under his breath I heard him say, "I am going to get you out. Don't talk." I held up a thumb. "Curly, can you wait for me to come back in a few minutes?" Yet again, I held up my thumb. He walked off to find Misery, I presume. 5 minutes later, I saw Balrog come back and punch a few guards who had my weapons near my cage. He shot open the lock and handed me my armor and weapons. "Come on! We got a Rite to crash!"

Chapter 6: The Final Battle Royale

The moment we stepped into the seal chamber ruins, we knew we were dead. We were outnumbered 5,000,000,000 to one, it seemed. But neither we nor the bloodline butes knew what was coming our way... "Locked and loaded." Guess who? Quote was back in business! We thought that we were waiting for him, when really, he was waiting for us! He jumped down off of the table, and shot about a hundred machine gun shots. The whole room got quiet as most of the Bloodline butes died slowly. Quote then fired off another volley, this time at the leader. But somehow, the shots didn't make a mark! The leader said, "I am invincible! You cannot kill me!" But just then Balrog jumped into the fray and shot another one of his famous spur beams. It killed the remaining guards, temporarily disabling the leader's forcefield. "Now!" I shouted. We all shot our weapons, therefore killing the leader of the Bloodline butes.

Chapter 7: Death Rides a Pale Horse

We got away from the ruins, killing butes as we passed. As the ruins crumbled around us, Balrog was trapped by rubble. "Run! RUN!!" he screamed. "No! We won't leave you!" I replied. As I tried to free him, a voice said, "You must... I am sorry, Curly Brace. He was meant to die here." I yelled, "Who and what the HELL are you?!" She stated with the regality of an angel, "I am Auriel, Queen of Angels."