No Boundaries | Teen Ink

No Boundaries

June 7, 2015
By DaniaZie GOLD, Shah Alam, Selangor, Other
DaniaZie GOLD, Shah Alam, Selangor, Other
11 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And remember one thing, the second day is always better than the first"
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day


He watched her from a distance, wistfully thinking how she will never go out with him, a half blood, a blood traitor, a Gryffindor and most importantly, the Chosen One. She was, after all, a pureblood, a Slytherin and Hogwarts’ Ice Queen. A Greengrass no less.

Daphne Greengrass is a beautiful girl. She had raven black hair with white streaks. She had an hourglass figure and 5 “7. She was slightly tan and was in the dreams of most of the boys at Hogwarts.

Harry was the Chosen One, the Boy-Who-Lived (or the Boy-Who-Just-Wouldn’t-Die), the light side. Daphne Greengrass’ family is neutral. And he was a half blood. Beneath her. She was a pureblood. Above everyone else.

He loved her. Oh, how he wished that she would go out with him. But he was so sure that she never will go out with him.

She watched him from afar, wistfully thinking how he will never love her the she does him. She was a Slytherin. He was a Gryffindor. He will never go for a Slytherin. He thinks all Slytherins are arses. Prats. All because of Draco Malfoy.

Daphne couldn’t blame him though. It’s a stereotype that’s been placed upon them. Slytherins are actually nice if once they’re used to your company. They’re like family. Draco was only like that because of his father constantly pressuring him. Draco was shaped to be like his father.

She hated stereotypes. It caused them, the Slytherins, to lose all respect, friends and loved ones. She knew many Slytherins who loved students from the other houses. Like Theo loves Hermione Granger. Tracy, Neville Longbottom. Draco, Luna Lovegood. She, Harry Potter. But they were all afraid to act on it.

“You should try and ask her out, mate. The best that can happen, she says yes. The worst that can happen, er… she will hex you? But even if that happens, you can use the shield charm, right?” said Neville.

“Yeah… Who do you like?” asked Harry.

“Someone,” Neville grinned.

“You’re not telling, are you?” asked Harry.

“Not at all,” he said, “Well, go on! Ask!”

“Fine,” Harry replied.

He went to the Great Hall and saw her walking towards the hall. He picked up his pace and yelled, “Hey Daphne!”

She stopped abruptly and slowly turned. The look on her face showed that she was not expecting him.

She heard someone familiar yelling, “Hey Daphne!”

Someone who sounded like Harry Potter.

She stopped abruptly and slowly turned around. Her heartbeat sped up when she saw who called her.

It was Harry Potter.
And he looked nervous.

“Yes?” she asked slowly.

“Will you… Will you um…,” he stuttered.

“Hurry up, will you? I don’t have all the time in the world, do I?” she said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Willyougooutwithme?” he said in a very fast pace.

“What?” she said.

He took a deep breath and repeated, “Will you go out with me?”

She smiled widely and said, “yes!”

From then on, no Slytherin was afraid to act on their emotions. Theo is now dating Hermione, Tracy is with Neville and Draco is in a relationship with Luna.

And she and Harry? They have a wonderful relationship. But if Voldemort comes back, as Harry says that he will, they will be in a dark place.

But as for now, they are happy.


The author's comments:

If you like it you can check out my fanfiction.net profile, DaniaMdWriter