saying good bye | Teen Ink

saying good bye

By Vaati-Picori SILVER, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Vaati-Picori SILVER, Tuscaloosa, Alabama

"It's much harder dealing with the living. Give me a ghost to talk to any day."Roy Mustang

“Kids these days. They think it’s a competition to have the most friends. One is enough. Find someone completely unique.” Yato Noragami

Ryou walked into the dark, empty apartment and stood in the door way, he set his bags of groceries on the floor just inside the door. He fought back the tears that threatened to fall from his doe brown eyes and his body jerked from the chocked sobs, tonight was his first night alone. The first night since he died, Bakora, his brother and his protector, he promised to stay and keep him safe. But the stupid adult couldn’t even keep himself alive. It was funny that Ryou never seen it, but now he regretted staying out late that night. Ryou took a deep breath and stepped over the threshold separating the outside from the inside and shut the door.
The tears started falling as Ryou stepped over the remnants of his shattered life, Bakora’s favorite shirt, his running shoes, the tall stack of will games in the middle of the living room. All the things that Ryou would never touch again. His feet carried him down the hall to Bakora’s room, he didn’t want to look, He knew Bakora wouldn’t be there.  Ryou opened the door anyways, the room was just the same as when Ryou found it, except the dead body of his big brother, wasn’t on the floor Ryou walked in and laid on the bed.  He didn’t want to let go, not yet.
He borrowed under the blankets finding himself falling asleep surrounded by the familiar sent of cigarettes and old books, two things that Bakora enjoyed, but Ryou knew the in just a few days the scents would be gone, leaving only the memory, but why couldn’t he see the signs. Why did he stay out with his friends so late, only to come home and call out to his brother, silence, and call out again, still more silence, to walk back to the Bakora’s room, to find his cold dead body. Why, above all else, why him?
“Why me…”
“Why me…”
“Why me!”
“Why me!!”
“Why me! “
“WHY ME!!!!”
He screams it the pillow and cries and cries, his heart was racing but it felt as if it was never there, the air was cold and heavy, and the sound from outside vanished. His eyes were looked on the bottle of sleeping pills on the night stand, it was a new bottle but was already half empty. And soon it would be completely empty. Ryou sat up and grabbed the bottle, and stated taking the pills, one, two, and three. Someone was knocking on the door
“Ryou? Ryou I know your home, let me in”
Four, five. The banging on the door got louder
“Ryou please don’t go like Bakora!”
Six, seven, eight. The door finally buckled under the stress and fell in
“Ryou!”
Nine, ten. A tall blonde man run into the room
“Ryou what are you doing!?”
Eleven
“I’m going the heaven.”

This story is graphic and depicts suicide form OD, please read with cation,this story is not for kids under 15 years of age.

xxxxe said...
xxxxe, X, Alabama
Aaah! No!! Okay, this made me feel like I was about to cry--I don't cry for characters. I never have but this definitely gave me that odd sort of pressure just on the insides of my eyes (you know what I'm talking about, right?) Anyway, good job. I really hope you write more because I really really want to know what happens next!!!