Artistry

"My hatred for his actions have faded for my admiration of his skills."

Watson shook his head, huffing a sheepish laugh. Holmes knew he wouldnt believe him. Nobody did. Not the bobbies in Scotland Yard, not the citizens of London, not the ordinary people who dismissed all artists of Moriartys stature--but he did. He could see it. The immensity of his crimes, the calculation dedicated to them, all contributing to a symphony of crime and war. James Moriarty shared an artistry with him, a connoisseur of all things immoral and unworldly.

A world without him would be one of the dreadful ticking of the grandfather clock, time wearing him like sand while his mind rot in its core; a world with him was one where John Watson would be in constant danger.

Sherlock Holmes sat back into his chair, quietly clasping his hands in prayer to a God he didn't believe in. For the first time since he was six, he felt uncertain for the future.

MVReverie said...
It's good. I like it. I would just say that, be careful with punctuation and capitalization. The diction is once again goood, but just be careful withthose two things. Other than that, I have no complaints.

ellwist replied...
Nov. 23, 2015 at 1:06 am
Thank you!

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 21, 2015 at 4:17 am
I have not a word to contribute. I'd hate to blemish your artistry with under-whelming adjectives of my own--"spectacular" doesn't quite do you justice. To capture the attention so entirely and to send such chills down a reader's spine in so few words... surpasses my imagination entirely. You have a gift. Or in other words, don't change a thing; every single word is dead on. :)

ellwist replied...
Aug. 21, 2015 at 7:45 am
Ms. Beila, I feel very guilty as you've commented on almost all my short pieces and called the one piece I'd rather not have my name on 'spectacular'. I would love to befriend you. Can I say I would love to befriend you? Because I would.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
You totally can. And ditto. :)