Fall of Arthas | Teen Ink

Fall of Arthas

February 20, 2015
By KasonKunzai BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
KasonKunzai BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

CHAPTER 1
     The quest
   
   It was a nice, cold fall day in the Eversong woods. The birds sing and a loud Moo from a cow brakes the lovely chain of bird songs. The time is about noon, and the gates of Storm Wind the biggest city for the Alliance, next to Iron Forge open with a loud BANG as they hit the stone walls. In the market district of Storm Wind, the market guard stand still like a stone watcher from Shadow Fang Keep. From the market district, Storm Wind castle is just visible over all of the blue roofed homes of Storm Winds citizens  stands tall and proud in the face of danger.

Next to the market district you will see The Tipsy Faedragon, with it’s light, gold embroidered wood, this majestic building looks like it needs to be back in Pandaria where it’s architecture came from. Inside you can smell the freshly brewed Dwarven Ale and the fresh scent of Elven Saber essence. From the bar, the room’s are just as beautiful as the entrance. The bed’s have Void Spider Silt covers and a Pandaren pillow, full of only the best cotton in Pandaria.  This is the inn  were many heroes have stayed to rest as they head on to their very own adventure. Now not all heroes come back, but one did and he did not come alone. This is where our story starts.

“Just another sunny day here in Storm Wind,.” Leroy said to himself.
  Knock Knock. Leroy jumped at the sound of the knocking.
“Yes! Just a minute.” Leroy yelled from across the room.
Great. Who is it now, some crazed girl who wants me to save them from some evil monster that is hiding under their bed. Leroy thought to himself.
“Yes who-.” Leroy opens the door to see the great king of Storm Wind.
“My liege. What is it that you want?”
“I have a favor to ask of you.”
“Oh? what might it be?”
“News has arrived that our front in Northrend is not doing so well. They have been asking for help and we have not been able to spare any due to the Horde making pushes on our front,  here in Azeroth. Will you be able to go to Northrend to the Ice Crown Citadel.”

Did he just ask me to go to Northrend? Home of the Lich King. What if I do go, what will I have to do? I don’t know what type of Scourge I might find there. If I don’t go the Lich King kill everyone. But I am sure that the king knows what is best. Leroy thought to himself.  I remember my first time I was at Northrend. I was on a conquest to exterminate the Horde who was attempting to call Northrend “home”. During that time as they moved on from  village to village, not stopping till they found the perfect place to settle down and call “home” they called this stronghold “Warsong Hold” in memory of the Warsong clan that was lost in the large war that destroyed all Draneor ( The Orc homeland, also the second home of the Dreanei, An alien race that originated in space.) The Warsong were a separate clan from all of the other orcish clans. During the last months of Draneor, the Warsong sided with an evil Orc warlock whose plans were to obliterate all of Draneor, thus causing all of the Warsong to be converted into walking army of mindless orcs. 

 

              Chapter 2
             Get together
It has been three years, three long years since we ended the burning crusade at the dark portal in the Outlands.As we entered the Dark portal, I had a feeling that none of us knew what was going to happen when we entered the other side.

“Leroy! It is time.  Gather your men,” addressed Commander Chester
Great. Time to--
Leroy’s thoughts were cut off by a loud exploding sound from the left side of the Dark portal. The Dark Portal is a dark and mysterious construction; it was said to be created by the old gods before they went into hiding.  During the time of the construction, the Fellorcs, a race of Orcs that were been converted in many sick and stomach-churning ways, but the thing that really stands out from their mangled bodies are the large overgrown horns that protrude out from the top and side of the head. Even the canine teeth of the Orc are overgrown. We have even seen some Orcs fall over because the horns and teeth weigh so much that they just fall over. most of the time, they impale themselves with their own blade.


“Commander! What is going on!” screamed Leroy
“Demons! Orks. Leroy!” Commander Chester looks at Leroy  “Get your men and flank them from the right!” barked Chester
The sounds of war were all of the battle field. Clanging of Black rock steel and Stormwind Steel clashing together to sound like an orchestra of war. At the front of the dark portal, about 24 hellfire constructs came smashing down in a ball of fiery hell. With all of the confusion, the Dwarf Spider tanks, flew into action (They did not really “fly” more like, stumbled) it took them a bit longer due to them having to  smash a few Fellorcs who has been unfortunate enough to get in the way. But none too soon, the Spider tanks were caught off guard and were crushed by a LARGE spear. Not knowing where this came from, the Horde and Alliance mages and Shamans were forced into creating a magical force field that covered all of the Dark Portal from the very first step, all the way to the last rock behind the dark portal.


The author's comments:

This is before "Endless void" a peice on my other account Dash_panda