Boy In Luv | Teen Ink

Boy In Luv

February 9, 2015
By SHARI BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
SHARI BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was walking down the hallways at school trying to avoid him. I made a turn at a corner and there he was, standing there talking with Namjoon, the other person who annoys me but not as much as Yoongi. I took a deep breath as I tugged tightly on the straps of my backpack and started walking forward. I notice him staring at me, but he didn’t do anything.

I just thought he ignored me, so I went on to class and sat in my usual spot in the dark corner. The lonely seat in front of me was sat on by a boy with dark chocolate brown hair, piercing brown eyes, milky white skin. For a split second, my heart popped out of my chest. I didn’t notice Yoongi walking in the class room and taking a seat right next to me. He saw me staring at the new boy and grinned.

He commented, “Close your mouth, you’re attracting flies.”
I closed my mouth when the new student turned around and looked at me. I glared at Yoongi while he was laughing.
Mrs.Bowl, my English teacher, said clapping her hands together. “Okay class, we have a new student everyone welcome him.”

“Hi,” everyone mumbled.

“Go take a seat sir,”Mrs. Bowl said as he went back to his seat.
Class was boring as usual, and there was five minutes of class left so Mrs.Bowl let everyone talk in class then the new boy stated talking to me.
“Umm… hey my name is Hiro, and yours?” he said holding his hands out.
“Oh my name? It’s Mina,” I said grabbing his hand and firmly shaking it.
It was awkward after that. Yoongi saw the whole thing and started saying,“Mina and Hiro sitting on a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!”
I hit him in the arm before he could say anything else. The bell rang and I grabbed my stuff and left quickly because it was my off period and I had a bunch to do.
I had a top locker so I had to get on my tip toes to reach it because I was short. When I was putting my stuff up all the sudden there was a shadow covering me, and a hand slammed on the locker next to me making me jump. I turned around to see who it was, and it was Yoongi laughing. I rolled my eyes and slammed my locker shut.
“What do you want Yoongi?” I asked sighing.
“I just want to know if you like the new boy,” Yoongi smirked.
“Why do you care? And if I did like him, I wouldn’t tell you," I said while pushing his hand out of my way which made him angry.
Next thing I know, he grabbed me and slammed me against the locker surprising me. I never expected this behavior from Yoongi.
“What the h--- Yoongi!”
  “Do you like him or not?”
Yoongi demanded while getting closer, almost touching my lips. I was still in shock of how close we were, then finally I stuttered out “N-no.”

Yoongi backed away and grinned. “Okay, you can go back to what you were doing,” Yoongi said as if none of this ever happened just now.
“Idiot,” I whispered under my breath as I were walking to the library, where I usually spend my off period in.

When walked in, I saw a person waving at me. It was Hiro, the sweet guy from my English class, I waved back. I grabbed a book that I checked out beforehand, and sat right by Hiro and started talking.
"Sorry about what happen in English, Yoongi doesn’t know when to shut up."
"It’s alright, it didn’t bother me." Hiro said with a slight chuckle.
"Sorry but can I ask if you can help me with this math problem ?" Hiro questioned.
"Sure," you said while getting closer to Hiro, close enough I could smell his cologne.

While I were helping Hiro out I didn’t notice Yoongi walk in. While we were laughing and looking at each other with lovey dovey eyes, Yoongi was getting jealous that he couldn’t be the one making me laugh or look at him that way.
He kept his cool until……


The author's comments:

I was watching this music video Boys In Luv by BTS or Bangtan Boys.