The Son of the Righteous Man | Teen Ink

The Son of the Righteous Man

February 10, 2015
By ghosthunterRafael BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
ghosthunterRafael BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Son of the Righteous Man
In the morning I was awoken by the sound of my father’s voice.
“Rise and shine, Evan” said my father as he was tying up his boots.
“Dean, I think we have a case” yelled my Uncle Sam.
My father Dean Winchester and my Uncle Sam are hunters, but not your typical, let’s say unusual. They go against demons, angels, monsters and my other supernatural beings. It’s the “family business”. One day I’ll have to take over but I’m not upset about that because I always admire my dad. I loved how heroic and brave he is. I always tell him how I want to grow up and be like him. My Uncle Sam is always bashing us about how we are so much alike. Sometimes I worry about my dad. What I lose him? What if he gets into trouble and I can’t help him? He’s all I have left in this world and I’d die without him.
“Come on Sam” I hear my dad yell.
“Dad before you go, be careful please”.
I hug him tight. In my mind repeating the phrase.
Don’t go, you’re all that I have left! Or, don’t leave me alone, please don’t…
There has been days where I literally shed a tear once I hear the bunker door closed. I know my dad is strong but I don’t like seeing him hurt physically or mentally. That’s why I get so worried about my dad. I always hear about how sometimes hunts can go bad or how he almost lost his life. Two months ago, my father was in the hospital because of a hunt.
I check the time; it’s 2:30 in the afternoon when I hear my dad and Uncle Sam open the bunker’s doors.
“Dad!” I yell as I run up into his embrace.
“Hey kiddo” says my dad hugging me back.
My dad still calls me “kiddo” even though I’m fifteen. After lunch my father told me that he was going back to get more information on the hunt. As they were walking out I can hear my soul whispering advice to him saying, “father, please be careful.”
Before I realized there was a tear going down the left side of my face. Unfortunately, my father still in the bunker seeing the tear immediately approaches me.
“Evan what’s wrong” my father says
“It’s nothing dad, just go with Uncle Sam”
“Dean Come on” yells my Uncle Sam.
My father then kisses my forehead and whispers in my ear that when he comes home he and I will have a talk. I nod in shame.
How could I let myself but more worrying and pressure onto him?
As I was thinking about that thought I started to sob and before I realized my dad was back and then he called me down for the conversation he promised.
“Evan” he said in a rather calm tone.
“Yes, dad” I say not making eye contact.
My dad wasn’t mad like I expected him to be. Before I realized it, there was a tear going down the left side of my face.
“Evan” he said once again lifting up my face to meet his eyes.
My dad hugged me and said, “Evan, I don’t know why you’re crying, but just know that your father is always on your side.”
Before I could say anything my father told me, “Everything is going to be okay.”
I then looked at him and told him that everything would be okay. My dad looked at me in surprise. I told him that that was for all the times you had to tell your dad “it was going to be okay” instead of him telling you. My dad hugged me, and in surprise he shed a tear. It was really rare for my dad and I to show emotions, but this time we ignored our own rules. I love my dad, and I’ve never been so proud of being the son of Dean Winchester. The Dean Winchester also known as the righteous man.


The author's comments:

This was inspired by my favorite T.V. show and my own character that I believe would made a good character in the show.