An Icy Kiss | Teen Ink

An Icy Kiss

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

A song woke me early that winter morning. I sat up, rubbing sleep from my eyes and stretching out the stiff muscles within my legs and arms. Besides being Jack Frost, my body wasn't titanium. I still got sore when I slept up high within a tree. But being Jack Frost had its benefits to: I never got cold. So I could wear practically nothing, but who just runs around naked, ya know? Standing high on my branch I shifted my hands so my staff was out in front of me. Blue, white, cold, hard. Nothing Godly special about it, really. But with a swift swing, I propelled myself high in the air and allowed the wind to guild me.

I was just over the tree tops when a familiar voice caught my attention again.

Winter wind, blow me away. Far, far, take me away. Somewhere where I'll be safe, somewhere far, far away. She sang.

Red hair fell down her back like a blanket of flame and her eyes were as blue as the sea. She sang to herself and threw snow up over her head. I decided to sit back down, high up away from her, and continue to watch her dance.

She swung herself around in tiny, silly circles. Alone, I'll be. In this winter so cold. So harsh, so strong, so Godly bold. But here I'll stay, without a regret. Here I'll stay, within the winter storm.

As if my body moved on its own, I lowered myself lower until I was only a branch or two above her head, and while I was completely mesmerized by her, my foot slipped and I came down sailing into the snowy ground.

"Ah!" She leaped, dropping the snow in her hand.

I lifted my head and felt my cheeks blush feircly. Here's me, Jack Frost, slipping on the snow he created. I hesitantly lifted my eyes and gasped.

"Haha..." She giggled. Her hand was placed over her mouth, as if to hide herself, but once she saw my bewild expression her hands dropped to her stomach and her laughter filled the space between us.

I stumbled to my feet. "W-what's so darn funny?"

"You scared me! But when I saw your face you looked so shocked!" Her snickers continued.

"I'm sorry I scared you," I said. "You're an excellent singer."

"Thank you. But really, next time you spy on a girl you should really be more careful."

"I'll remember that." I said, smiling. 

She pushed back her scarlet hair and looked behind her, then back at me. "I have to go home now. But feel free to spy on me again."

With lightning flash reflexes she hopped up and laid a quick, soft kiss on my icy cheek. I felt myself melting and turning red as she dashed off into the white tipped trees.

"I will." I whispered.

on Oct. 30 2014 at 12:10 pm

Thank you again Ana!!

on Oct. 30 2014 at 12:01 pm
Anastasia.Z BRONZE, West Newton, Pennsylvania

Life is like quicksand. The more we struggle, the more we drown in it. -Keanu Reeves

This was silly and very funny. I really enjoyed this piece of work. Usually your work is very powerful and true, but I'm glad you took a break and wrote something silly. Good job!