It's Worth Stressing Over You (Destiel Fanfic)-Supernatural | Teen Ink

It's Worth Stressing Over You (Destiel Fanfic)-Supernatural

September 8, 2014
By SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
24 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ"I hope you make peace with your pain, and never lose your flames."


Dean knew there was always something between him and Cas. Something different and special, but he never really acknowledged it. Dean held a special place in his heart for Cas, but he just didn't know how to face his true feelings until today. The guilt of lying to himself was weighing him down, and he couldn’t take it anymore.


Sam awoke to the sound of a loud crash. "SAM!!! GET OUT HERE!!" Sam panicked, immediately grabbing the first weapon he could reach, getting prepared for a fight. "Dean what happened?! Are you okay?!" Sam came out with a loaded gun filled with salt rounds, as he looked to the floor seeing four antique Men of Letters glass jars smashed to pieces on the floor. "No Sam. I'm not." Dean ran a hand through his hair. Sam looked around the room, worried and confused as he stared at his apparently stressed brother. "I don't think you're hurt..." "NOT PHYSICALLY DUMB ASS!" Sam winced at Dean's harsh tone, wondering what the hell was going on. "Man, what's happening with you? This isn't you. Usually you shut things out but now you're just letting it go through anger. What's up?" Sam took a seat next to Dean, sensing his brother was in some sort of pain. "Sammy, I don't know what to do. I'm so confused. I...you know I'm not good with emotions and all the sharing crap." "Just try Dean." "Sammy, I think...I think I have feelings for Cas." Sam's eyes go wide as if he is in shock.


"WELL FINALLY!" Sam yelled. Dean stared at him back in shock. "W-what do you mean?" "DEAN! COME THE F*** ON MAN! Everyone saw it coming! Me, Charlie, Bobby. Everyone did! We were waiting on you to finally face up! Even Cas feels the same way! You may not think angels have that many feelings but DEAN, they do. Cas has been pouring his heart out to me about how he wishes you would finally fess up for months now! You need to tell him." Dean stared wide eyed at Sam, completely bewildered. "Cas...feels the same?" Sam sighed. "Of course he does. Didn't you notice how he looks at you? Or waits for you to come back even if it's for weeks at a time? You should have seen it Dean. He is crazy for you. You really need to tell him." Dean shivered. "Sammy, I'm not gay. I like women..." Sam threw his hands up in anger. "DEAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE GAY TO HAVE FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE OF THE SAME GENDER! NOW YOU NEED TO TELL HIM! GET YOUR ASS UP AND PRAY TO HIM OR I WILL DO IT MYSELF!" Dean stood, putting his hands up in defeat. "Fine, fine. Just give me a few minutes okay? I’ve never had something like this happen before." Dean walked to his room and ran a hand through his hair again as he paced around, debating on what to do. He had never felt this way, even after all the fights, and deaths, scars, and battles with the Supernatural world, this was the scariest thing that has happened to him so far. I guess it's time to face up, he thought to himself as he sat on the bed and began to pray. "Dear Castiel... I need you to get your feathery ass….crap. I can't do this..." Dean ran out of his room and took off before Sam could stop him. He needed to clear his head.


The last thing he heard was Sam calling his name as he drove off in the Impala. He returned a few hours later, after going to a bar and trying to drown out his thoughts. He looked around the bunker in confusion. Arrows lead Dean to a random room. He didn't know what they meant...but he just followed them through for the hell of it because he needed some peace. Maybe this was the key to it. The arrows stopped at a room that was numbered 259. "Son of a b****...." Dean whispered as he opened the door and took a look around the room.

The room was completely dark except for the 15 little candles giving the room a serene glow. "What..." He glanced to the corner of the room and saw Castiel sitting on the bed with rose petals surrounding him. Beer and pie were sitting on the nightstand as Castiel beckoned Dean to sit next to him. Dean obeyed. "Cas, what is this?" Dean asked as he took a seat next to Cas wearily. "It is for you Dean. I know we celestial beings do not express emotion most of the time, but for you, I do. Ever since I pulled you from damnation, I always had feelings for you. You did not recognize it though, so this is the only way I could prove to you that I love you and have all of this time. I think you feel the same way Dean since I did hear you begin to pray but you took off. After I arrived, Sam helped me put this together. I need you to know I love you Dean." Dean gasped at the words Castiel just spoke with such grace. "Cas, I'm so sorry. I couldn't fess up to how I truly felt. I tried to shove it down, farther and farther, but it became harder each day. It came back to haunt me. I need to confess. I have felt this way for you ever since you hit me with those sappy beautiful blue eyes in that barn, and that amazing sex hair." Dean chuckled to himself, the flashback of that first day returning. "I love you too, Cas."


Dean laid a hand on the side of Castiel's face and put their foreheads together. "I love you," Dean breathed, "and I always will." As Dean closed the space between them and they fell into what they finally needed, a loving kiss that even the stars could see. Dean grabbed the beer as they slowly pulled away from the kiss. "Cheers to us. I love you Cas. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. Now I know not to shove things down." Castiel chuckled. "It's okay Dean, now I know what love feels like, and all I know is I would like it to be with you for the rest of eternity. And we both learned important lessons today." Dean's eyes began to water. "Forever Cas, forever." Cas smiled. "I love you Dean. Nobody will ever change that, not the angels, demons, or any Supernatural creature you have hunted." Dean’s eyes began to water as he said, "I love you with all of my scars, heart, and tears. Everything I am and have is yours." He kissed Castiel one more time. “Cas, this was an amazing night but I’m extremely tired, and I am human. I need my four hours.” Cas smiled. “It’s okay Dean. Go to sleep, I’ll watch over you.” Dean sank into oblivion, as the last thing he felt was his heart beating fast and Castiel’s arms around him, and that is all he needed. Locked in the safe cage of Castiel's arms, Dean wasn't afraid anymore. ?






-The End.


The author's comments:

Authors Note: Hey guys! This was my first fanfic I have ever written so I hope you liked it! Comments are very much welcomed and so are ratings! Destiel is my OTP and Supernatural is my all time favorite show:) Currently on my seventh rerun of every episode and every season. I know, I'm obsessed XD But who wouldn't be with the show? Anyways, I hope you guys loved it as much as I loved writing it or even more! :D Bye for now, my lovelies!:D

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences