Without You | Teen Ink

Without You

By CrimsonDyedSilk SILVER, Catonsville, Maryland
CrimsonDyedSilk SILVER, Catonsville, Maryland

"I was never good enough to be anything but remedy to all of your constant pressing needs."- Paint You Wings, All Time Low

Grell approached the familiar grave at the same time every year. Sighing, he knelt down to put a bouquet of large red roses on Undertaker’s grave. “It looks like it’s time to come see you again. You know it has been five years and I still can’t get over this. My mind doesn’t want to grasp that you’re gone.” Grell leaned down and placed his head on the modest gravestone. “I miss you. I miss your smile, your laugh. I miss the way you’d always tell me everything would be alright. But most of all, I think I just miss the security of you holding me. When we could do absolutely nothing together but stay next to one another and occasionally talk.” The reaper had to stop for a second to let out a small sob, a couple tears running down his face and onto the cold granite stone. “Nobody else did that for me and, truthfully, I doubt anyone else ever will.” Grell lost the power of speech as he began to cry fully this time, letting his emotions run free like they always did on this day. He spoke again, his words raked by tears and slight hiccups. “I miss you so much darling. I hope you miss me too.” And there Grell sat all day, alone in the cemetery, pained with the loss of his love.

Just a short thing I wrote for a friend. Characters are from Kuroshitsuji, not made by me.