A Call to Arms | Teen Ink

A Call to Arms

By Soullette BRONZE, York, Pennsylvania
Soullette BRONZE, York, Pennsylvania

" No! I didn't stab him! I was carving a turkey and he uh, ran into my knife..... ten times?"
~Anon

This is a call to arms, gather soldiers
Time to go to war
This is a battle song, brothers and sisters
Time to go to war

The door flew open and the man dressed in an army combat uniform pulled out a piece of paper.

“Jones, Alfred. It is your turn. The country needs you.” That was all he said, it was all he needed to say. The family all turned their eyes to the dusty blonde haired boy with glasses and a bomber jacket. The boy sighed and stood up, dusting off his pants.

“Alright.” Alfred went to walk to the door but found he was unable to. His younger brother Peter was holding onto his pant leg.

“No! You can’t go! If you go then who’ll finish reading Harry Potter to me?! I have to know if he defeats the bad no nose guy!” The blonde boy in the sailor uniform pouted and looked up at his older brother.

“Peter, I have to go. The country needs me.” Alfred bent down and took off his bomber jacket. The older male was hardly ever seen without said jacket, it was brown with the number 50 on the back. Fifty was his lucky number. “Old Iggy-brows can finish Harry Potter for you.” Alfred wrapped the jacket around Peter’s small shoulders.

“But, what if you don’t come back?” Peter’s voice quivered. He didn’t like the fact that his big brother was leaving. He didn’t even know if his big brother would come back.

“Don’t be silly! Of course I’ll come back! I am a hero after all!” Alfred placed his fists on his hips in your typical superhero pose.

“Jones. We must leave. Now.” The soldier grabbed hold of Alfred’s elbow and pulled him out to the truck.
This is a call to arms, gather soldiers
Time to go to war
Time to go to war

“Vargas twins. You must come with me.” In another home, a small and not so humble one a set of twins has received the exact same news as Alfred. Their country needed them. They should be glad to go and fight to save their country.

“No! I don’t want to-a go!” The younger twin, Feliciano thrashed around as the strong army man took a hold of him by his chestnut colored hair.

“Feliciano, it is your turn. It is your duty to serve your country.” The soldier yanked the teenaged Italian boy backwards and lifted him onto his shoulder. He cast a glance towards his partner; who was having just as much trouble with the older twin, if not more.

“Don’t touch him! Bastards! I’ll kill you!” Lovino was throwing tomatoes at the second soldier. “Don’t touch me! F*ing bastards!” the older twin was twice as feisty as the younger one, but was a weakling. It was rather easy for the second soldier to pick up the boy and throw him over his own shoulder.

“Lovino Vargas. You should be proud to serve and protect your country.” The soldiers voice was gruff. The two men in uniform carried the kicking and screaming Italian boys out to the truck.

“Grandpa~! Don’t let-a them take-a us!” The twins Lovino and Feliciano cried out at the same time as the truck sped away. Leaving behind the place they had called home and the man they looked to as a father figure far behind.
This is a call to arms, gather soldiers
Time to go to war
Time to go to war

“Erika, I vant you to be careful. Do you understand?” The older blonde male looked down at his little sister. His hands were placed on the girls dainty little shoulder. She wasn’t much of a fighter, but none the less she would do whatever she was capable of doing to protect their homeland.

“Ja, I vill be careful big bruder.” Erika looked down at her feet. She was scared, very very scared. The blonde girl with bright and innocent green eyes reached her hand up to her hair and pulled out her purple ribbon. “Big bruder, can you hold onto this for me?” She held out the ribbon. It was a gift from her big brother, and it was also her most treasured possession.

“Ja, I vill hold onto it. I’ll see you soon.” Vash took off his army green beret and set it upon the girls head. A single tear slid down his cheek as he watched his baby sister walk off to war.

“Don’t vorry. I’m positive she’ll come home. Safe und sound.” Elizaveta and her husband Roderich stood beside the veteran and waved as the truck pulled away.
This is a call to arms, gather soldiers
Time to go to war
Time to go to war

A Hetalia Fanfiction, based off of the song a call to Arms by 30 seconds to mars.