Y.O.L.O | Teen Ink

Y.O.L.O

January 9, 2013
By Thomas Bailey BRONZE, Wayland, Michigan
Thomas Bailey BRONZE, Wayland, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Today is the day that i can do whatever I want, because I gave the dog a walk when my mother told me to. My mom came into the room fiercely and furiously asking me what am i going to do, but I was not sure so i couldn't answer her questions. They were not just an ordinary questions but questions no ordinary person could answer. For example, are you going to buy a giraffe? Will you eat a dog? Will you go grab a sharks fin and swim with it? I'm just confused on why she really cares what i do.

The last time i had a day where i could do anything i want was back in July 19, 1997. All, i did was sit on the slippery smooth and grey couch until around 10:17 p.m , and went to go into my slick new frusha Toyota Prius with neon green rims , surround system and a new sun roof. SWEET! I took this car for a quick spin around town until i hit this speed bump. It was intreaguing because when i hit the speed bump i teleported to Djibouti Africa. While i was there it was hotter than lava being spewed up from a volcano on a hot summer day. After a few hours i was in Djibouti, i stepped on a banana slug and all of a sudden i jumped ahead a few days in time. i was so confused , i just did not know what to do. I ran around confused, more confused than a rooster that got his head cut off and he’s running in a circle cockadoodledoin. That is when i started thinking about going back home and BAM! I was back on my couch and it was still 10:17pm.

I started thinking about all the things i should do. I can do whatever I want, no one can stop me. It feels like I am on top of the world! But theres one problem. What should I do? I started talking to my mother about it, but she wasnt really any help until she said “Why don’t you go the Great Barrier Reef?” , so i thought about it and took it under consideration and said “mom, youre a genius, that is where i will go!” I fly faster than a rocket that is launched into space, to the back yard to go get into my magical treehouse. I climb up the latter which was longer than four grown adult andacondas. Once i reach inside i say the magical words “Tommy Bohami” and wahla! Im at the Great Barrier reef. As i enter the reef i see this deep dark tunnel so i swim towards it. When im about fifteen feet from this black hole like tunnel, it sucks me in out of nowhere. It sucked me in so fast , you would think i was Ricky Bobby from Talladega nights.

As i get sucked into this tunnel, i realize many things. One, its a magical tunnel. It leaps into time and also leaps backwards in time. Second of all, there were posters everywhere, like someone has already been there before but i yell out and there is no response. Lastly, it smelt like candy. Everywhere. I’m walking around this tunnel trying to find an escape outlet because i can not handle having time leaping forward and backward. For example, one minute its September 10th, 2012 and the next moment its October 30th, 1984.

Here i am walking in the tunnel and BAM, i hear something go DONG! I sprint towards the direction the sound came from but i did not find a thing, nothing was making sense anymore. I wondered to myself, am i hollucinating? Dreaming? Going crazy? Whats happening to me? While im thinking about this I hear the DONG noice again.. The thing is, this time i just ignored it but then i heard a scream. It sounded a lot like my mother screaming in pain. I decided to ignore it this time because I figured that I was just imagining things. So, i continually to start walking around as i usually do and i stumble across something soft. I get a little bit closer but i couldnt see anything without the light , so i decide to smell it and it smelt like something rotten. I wasnt quite sure on what to do so i just kept it incase there was any light eventually, but there wasnt ever any light.

I decide to sit down and continue to play with this rotten like object and for some reason out of the blue i rubbed it four times and BOOM, out came a genie. This genies name was Gandorf and he was 6’8, aorund 300 lbs, fusha color, had a wizard staff, grills and a gold chain that said “Foxy” on it. Once he fully devoloped he said to me
“Tommy, you have unleashed Gandorf the Genie. You now have three wishes, use them wisely.”
I took his words of wisdom under consideration and decided to wish for three very useful things. One, for light so i can see. Two, for an escape hole so i can escape and three, for three more wishes. Gandorf looks at me and says “Really? Three more wishes, how typical of you.”
“Typical? You mean genius of me Gandorf. I need to get home, and i want you to help me and i need those wishes.”
“Of course majesty, your wish is my command Sir Tom Tom the Bomb Bomb.”
“Alright good.”
Gandorf snaps his fingers and everything i wished for came true, but there was two problems. One I couldnt find the exit to the tunnel and more importantly that rotten like object was an arm of a human. I looked at that and a nasty look pierced my face with discust! I through the arm back hitting Ganondorf in the head with it, breaking his neck but he was fine once i wished for a neck brace. I looked back at Ganondorf and asked him what I should do with the arm and he looks at me with a gazed look on his face and says “Leave it alone and wish to be next to the outlet of the tunnel.”
I did what he said and KABAM, i was next to the outlet and wished for three more wishes.

I walk outside the tunnel and i travel through time back to when the day started, July 19th, 1997. I feel a little bit nauseous but i open my eyes and I realize Im back home on the couch where i started from and my mom is asking me what im going to do today. I look at her with a blank stare and have this feeling that i lived this before and ends up i have. It was major Deja Vu all over again. Ganondorf sits behind me and looks at me and says “Tommy wake up, wake up Tommy. You okay?”
“Yah Ganondorf, im fine. Whats going on?”
“You need to wake up and do what your mother says Tommy.”
“But, she didnt say anything Ganondorf.”
“Tommy, wake up now! or im going to have to slap you silly .”
“Okay fine, fine, fine.”
I’m laying there and i open my eyes and there it was. I was on my couch and my mother was asking me what I was going to do today after I let the dog out and the rest was just a dream and i was just very oblivious to everything.