Winter's Eyes: Chapter 7

The next day, the three sat down in the grass for lunch only to be surprised by Ino and Sakura coming to sit with them. Sasuke eyed them suspiciously but kept silent. Hinata inched closer to Naruto again. It wasn't that she didn't like the girls; she just hadn't ever been comfortable with other girls, especially her age. Naruto noticed this and nudged her shoulder.

"Are you ok?" he whispered in her ear. Hinata blushed deep red at the sudden proximity but nodded. Ino noticed this exchange and smiled a bit as she sat down. Sakura sat next to her, observing the others warily. She hadn't wanted to sit here again at first, but Ino could be very persuasive, and she always had a hard time saying no to her friend.

"How is everyone?" Ino asked cheerily. Sasuke shrugged while Hinata whispered a faint "fine" and Naruto exclaimed loudly about how awesome his day had gone. Ino smiled at him and listened to him talk while Sakura ignored him and looked around. She caught Sasuke's eye and raised an eyebrow. He raised an eyebrow back, and that was when the staring contest started. Ino saw this and grinned a bit. Look at that, she thought, Sakura's bonding. Both of their gazes had changed into glares, and Ino could practically see lightening strike in between each other. She giggled and everyone turned to her. Naruto glanced at Hinata and Sakura and Sasuke shared a confused glance as Ino continued to uncontrollably laugh.

"Uh, Ino?" Sakura called, "Are you ok?" Ino nodded, still continuing her giggle fit. After a moment her laughs calmed down and everyone looked at her questioningly. She giggled a bit.

"Sorry," she said, grinning. Hinata kept quiet while Naruto grinned back at her and Sasuke raised an eyebrow. Sakura frowned. She hadn't heard Ino laugh like that in a while. What was she laughing at? Sakura pushed it out of her mind, deciding to ask her about it later. It was silent the rest of the time, some of them making a few comments or asking questions. Finally the bell rang inside and they all split ways, throwing good byes to each other.

"So what were you laughing about earlier?" Sakura finally asked. Ino giggled.

"You and Sasuke glaring at each other," she laughed, "I could practically see the sparks between you two!" Sakura's face turned beat red and she scowled.

"Whatever," she muttered, "He started it…" Ino giggled again and then turned to see the strangest looking boy she had ever seen.

He had black hair styled in a bowl cut and huge bushy eyebrows. Not only that, but he also wore a bright green spandex suit. A couple guys were making fun of him, and one shoved him against the locker. Ino's eyes hardened and she hurried forward, stepping right in front of him.

"What do you think you're doing?" she snapped, placing her hands on her hips. The guys glanced at each other in confusion. Sakura groaned and stepped in front of Ino, sending the guys a deadly glare.

"Leave," she ordered in a low voice, "Now." Guys weren't usual keen on letting girls tell them what to do, but just then the girl seemed ready to kill them, so they got out of there fast. Sakura smirked in satisfaction before turning to see Ino already talking to the weird guy.

"Are you ok?" Ino asked, "Did they hurt you?" The boy shook his head.

"I am fine, thank you for your assistance!" he exclaimed in a loud voice, hitting his chest with a fist. Sakura rubbed her temples and sighed.

"Um, no problem," Ino answered, smiling a bit, "Hey, do want to sit with me and my friends tomorrow at lunch? We sit outside and we don't sit with a lot of people, so—"

"Of course, thank you!" the guy immediately exclaimed, "My name is Lee, it is nice to meet you!"

"I'm Ino," she said, raising an eyebrow a bit, "This is Sakura." Sakura sighed. Here we go again…

Naruto grinned at Sasuke. They were both walking home from school, having said good bye to Hinata at the front of the school.

"So what do you think of Sakura?" he asked, nudging him and raising his eyebrows. Sasuke raised an eyebrow at him.

"What are you talking about, idiot?" he sighed. Naruto laughed.

"You're kidding me, right? I saw you staring at her, don't deny it!" Naruto burst out laughing as Sasuke scowled and looked away, a blush spreading on his cheeks.

"Idiot," Sasuke muttered, trying to regain his pride and failing miserably. Naruto shook his head, grinning.

"Don't worry, I won't tell her," he said, winking. Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"Oh yeah? What about you and Hinata?" Naruto frowned.

"What do you mean?" Sasuke raised an eyebrow.

"Either you're kidding or you're dumber than I thought," he said, then added quietly, "Which is saying something."

"Hey!" Naruto protested, catching his words, "It's not my fault! What do you mean?" Sasuke sighed and rolled his eyes, digging his hands deep into his pockets.

"Just forget about it," he dismissed. Naruto eyed him for a moment before shrugging to himself and turning away. Maybe he could ask Hinata about it tomorrow. For some reason, even Naruto didn't think this was the greatest idea.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

drwholock101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29 at 7:40 am:
When are you gonna upload part 8? I wanna know what happens!