Will's Despair | Teen Ink

Will's Despair

March 5, 2012
By kyrireese GOLD, Dallas, Texas
kyrireese GOLD, Dallas, Texas
17 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything will absolutely be all right."
"Hold fast to dreams." - Langston Hughes


William hurried down the street, his boots splashing in the fresh puddles of the afternoon rain. He had to make it to her before she left, he couldn’t let her leave before he atoned for his despicable words. A large black carriage pulled quickly in front of him, and stymied his path and he let out a gruff groan of impatience. He suddenly recalled the shortcut that was between Lucie’s Lucious Locks, and Hal’s Bakery, and he knew that the shortcut would truncate his long journey in half. He navigated his way through the plethora of pedestrians that had gathered on the street to look in awe at the beaming sun in the middle of a London winter, and finally reached the alley between the two aforementioned shops short of breath. He took a deep breath and latched on to his vehement decision that he would make it back to the Institute before she left with Jem on their honeymoon. Finally! Sweet relief, as he spotted the Institute’s familiar shadow in the grey sky and a white carriage out front of the gate where the words PULVIS ET UMBRA SUMUS decorated the black metal of the gate. Will realized he couldn’t capitulate his strong feelings for Tessa any longer; he would let his heart speak for him. He would not let the love of his life leave with Jem on their honeymoon, where Jem would be the one holding her close, Jem would be whispering sweet nothings in her ear, and Jem would be placing the most delicate of kisses upon her lips. His, Jem, placing kisses on his Tessa. There he stopped dead in his tracks as he realized that they were each other’s. And Will was completely alone. He watched at the snow white carriage flew down the street with Bailos and Xanthos in lead. Will collapsed to the ground overtaken with defeat and the next inevitable London rain wash his body, soaking him to the bone.


The author's comments:
I wrote this for my English exam using my vocab for extra credit. I am in love with Cassandra Clare and her Clockwork Angel trilogy.