Flustered | Teen Ink

Flustered

By RyanTyler PLATINUM, Windsor, Connecticut
RyanTyler PLATINUM, Windsor, Connecticut

"A myth is a religion in which no one no longer believes." James Feibleman

Disclaimer: I don’t own the characters just the plot
Danny Taylor hated Martin Fitzgerald. It wasn’t because he came from a rich family or because his father was the Deputy Director, and has a tendency to play favorites.

No it was something else.

Not that Marin had a whole draw of snacks that he kept locked away from the public, no matter how annoying it was. Nor that the all the girls in the office seemed to have a thing for him.

What he hated was the small smile he would get when ever he would tease him, the blush that would cross his face when ever he caught him staring. It was those bright blue eyes that would sparkle every time he made him laugh. And those lips, that he couldn’t kiss.

The tension was obvious to everyone but Martin. Sam however, was sick of it. “Why don’t you just tell him?” Sam sighed as they lounged in the break room “It would be a lot easier for all of us if you just did.”

“It’s not simple Sam. What if he says no?”

“Even if he says no, he won’t hate you. Martin’s not like that. Beside if you knew what I knew. Just trust me…” Sam got up to leave.

“Wait what’s that supposed to mean…” Danny started to follow her when Martin walked in.

“What’s what supposed to mean.” Blue eyes widen in confusion.

“Nothing Martin.” Sam giggled “Danny just wanted to talk to you.” She smiled and left.

“Wait Sam.” Danny called out to her but she was already gone.

Martin stood there awkwardly “I’ll take it you didn’t want to talk …” he started to leave.

“No, I do just…not hear.” Danny said causing Martin to stop and look at him “After work.”

“Sure, we could go to my place, order a pizza or something.”

“Yeah, that would be nice.”

Martin smiled before going back to the bull pen as Sam came back in “How’d it go.” She asked.

“We’re going to his place after work to talk.”

“See, I think he likes you too.” She elbowed Danny side cheezeing. “You have to tell me all the details tomorrow.”

“If anything happens.”

They sat on the couch in Martin’s apartment quietly for awhile, eating pizza with the T.V droning softly in the back ground. “You said you wanted to talk?” Martin finally asked.

“Yeah, it’s about you.” Danny started, but when he saw the worry in Martins eyes “It’s not bad.” He watched Martins chest rise and fall as he sighed in relief. He was finding it a challenge not to stare. He rarely gets to see Martin in normal clothes and it was kind of hard to look away. His clothes fit in all the right places, not to tight but just enough to show off his form.

“So what is it?”

“It’s just, I know where not always the best of friends.” He paused to see Martins reaction, who just rolled his eyes smirking a bit “But, I wanted to clear the air. I really like you.” He said the last sentence in a bit of a rush.

“I always thought of you as a friend.” Martin smiled.

“Not like that I mean…” Danny sighed “I’m gay and I would really like to take you on a date sometime.”

“I know what you were saying. And yes I would love to.”

Danny sighed hanging his head “I thought you were serious.”

Martin just leaned over and kissed the top of Danny’s head “I couldn’t help it; you’re cute when you’re flustered.”

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW, IT WOULD MAKE ME REALLY HAPPY:):):)

on Oct. 6 2011 at 9:48 am

Thank you, and yeah I didn't notice the errors till after I posted so I basicly been bashing my head on the compture for the past few days. But thanks again for the comment. :)

Rainbowmadhatter, Reno, Nevada

i love this!!
i fully support g a y marrage and i think this is soooooo cute

the emotion is great

this brings back terrific memoreis of my roleplay too....it has ga y guys..my character himself was actauly the on e that was ga . y so...

i defently support it..

anyways i thug this was terrific..you did especailly well on the emotions

a few spelling/grammer errors but otherwise terrific

im not a stickle so i wont judge you on those tinny errors.

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_monkeyface:)