Redwall: Alternate Ending | Teen Ink

Redwall: Alternate Ending

By SonOfApollo GOLD, Katy, Texas
SonOfApollo GOLD, Katy, Texas

10 Seasons later:
The following is an extract from the annals of Cluny's Fortress by Killconey Ferret. He became recorder once Redwall was taken by Cluny The Scourge.

It is the Winter of the Fallen Scourge. Just yesterday, Cluny the Scourge died of an unknown disease. Today we will remember him and his great accomplishments. He brought down entire ports and castles. Cities and caves filled with bears. But his greatest victory? Taking Redwall Abbey.
It was definitely his most famous and epic battle and also one that I am proud to have been a part of.
When Cluny's funeral is over, his son and heir, Marrit, will take over as the new scourge. Marrit the Scourge, sounds well enough, doesn't it?
There are rumors that when Marrit takes over, he will move the habbitants of Cluny's Fortress to a new location because of worsening conditions. Crops are failing and the Sparra warriors attack constantly. We would most likely move to the Port of the Salamander, because of the excellent conditions there.
I have prepared a speech for Cluny's funeral as follows: Cluny, I am proud to have been your captain and recorder. You will always be my most respected being, your son second. I bid farewell to an excellent leader and great friend. Though your body may rot away, your spirit will always be with your soldiers.
The Cracked Bell is now ringing, so I must end this and take the great sword, Mousedeath, to our new leader, Marrit the Scourge.

Farewell for now,

Killconey Ferret
(Recorder of Cluny's Fortress)

This a part of my book report project, so let me know what you think XD