Glistening Noon Chapter 26 | Teen Ink

Glistening Noon Chapter 26

By CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky

We're all mad here

“Claire hello.”
“Hi.”
“Go to Jasmine Casino.”
The phone clicked off and I gave the driver directions. He drove off and it would take about an hour to get there. It was midnight when he drove in front of the casino. I payed him and walked into the casino. It was dark but one by one the lights flicked on. The place was completely empty. The walls and floor were neon pink, blue, and greens. There were slot machines and dart boards. Along with pool tables and poker tables covered in beer bottles. A man walked out of the dark and I instantly recognized him as the man in my dreams. He was surprisingly good looking and looked about twenty six.
“Where is he?”
“Where is who?”
“Cole.”
“Oh stupid human girl.”
He grabbed me and threw me against the wall. I hit a few tables and I could feel the blood pouring down me. He hit me a couple of times then pushed a table up against me. He sat me up on the table and stared into my face.
“You didn’t tell prince charming about this did you?”
“No.”
“No one knows?”
“Yes.”
“Obedient girl.”
He hit me again and pulled up my shirt. He took darts and punctured them into my stomach. I screamed and cried from his force. He grabbed my arm and snapped it then did the same to my leg. I could feel the blood running all over my body. He sat me up and licked the blood off of me. He sat me up and bit me everywhere. He tore off my skin and licked more of the blood. I heard a door open and a scream. I recognized it. Logan. She ran towards me. And the man turned away from me and to her.
“Taboo let go of her she didn’t do anything.”
He smiled and she changed. They bit each other and fought. Ace grabbed Logan and threw her into a pool table. She fell on her knees and grasped her arm. She grew her blue wings and she floated into the sky. Two things came out of her. Two souls. Her souls. Logan’s souls fought Taboo. But they began to fade away. They were gone and Logan was in something that resembled a black egg. It completely covered her and flames went everywhere. There was a circle of them around me and I struggled to move away from them. I fainted though and when I woke up Kai was in front of me. I felt all of the pain at once and I started screaming. I could still see the fire and I cried.
“It’s ok Claire, it’s ok.”
I couldn’t talk but I gave him a look that said ‘I know it is’.
“Claire can you tell me where it hurts?”
“What?” It was just a slurred mumble.
“Where does it hurt at?”
“I don’t understand.” I couldn’t hear what I was saying at all.
“Are you hurt at all?”
Finally I broke out of the dizzy trance screaming in agony.
“Everywhere! It hurts everywhere! It burns, Kai! It burns!”
Kai looked at everyone behind him and Dakota stared at me.
“He bit her.”
“Where at?”
Looking me over his face flooded with horror. “Everywhere.”
“Think you can suck the venom out of her, Kai?”
“Maybe.”
“Try it.”
He tried to grab me but I wouldn’t stay still from all the pain. Paige came over and grabbed my head holding it in place. Cynthia grabbed my unbroken leg and Kai grabbed my arm. He tried to bite me but I wouldn’t stay still long enough. Kai looked at Dakota scared and worried.
“She won’t stay still I can’t get a grip on her!”
“Isn’t there another way?”
Kai looked at me scared then back at everyone else.
“Get me a bottle.”
Maria ran to a table and picked up a beer bottle. Kai grabbed a foam cup off the floor and bit it. I could hear the venom dripping down into it. He poured the venom into the bottle and grabbed something out of his pocket. A bottle of red wine. He mixed it into the venom and pulled me into his lap. He made me drink it and it burned my throat but then chilled it. It burned all of my body and I screamed. Kai quickly pulled all of the darts out of my stomach. My body tingled and I was surprised that he didn’t attack me yet. I fainted again but the last thing I heard was Kai telling me he loved me. I woke up in the hospital. Kai sighed when he saw me wake up. I looked at him sad my eyes itching from dried tears.
“She’s dead isn’t she.”
“Yes. Logan died.”
“Why?”
“Lets not talk about this.”
“Ok.”
His eyes were green and I could tell it was a touchy subject for him. My mom walked into the room along with a doctor. She ran to me and growled at Kai. That was the first time I ever heard her growl in public.
“Mom I’m fine.”
“Recovering from a vampire attack is not fine!”
“Mom.”
Kai pushed her back and took her place. He moved my hair away from my face and stared at me with green eyes.
“I love you Claire.”
“I’m sorry.”
“For what?”
“Logan is dead because of me. If I didn’t go she would be alive.”
“She isn’t dead she is smart.”
“She is too dead.”
“When she is ready we will get a call.”
“How did you find me?”
“Your note.”
“So glad I wrote that.”
“Claire I love you. Now get some sleep.”
I was exhausted from everything and quickly fell asleep lucky to be alive. But I felt him kiss my cheek and forehead and I felt myself smile and heard his lovely musical laugh.

The End!