Xana is Back

Two years had passed since Jeremie, Aelita, Yumi, and Ulrich shut down the super computer for good, and life had been very normal at Kadic Academy. Aelita and Jeremie had spent a quiet evening together on the bridge by the factory. The two of them lay spread out, looking up at the stars.

“I have this weird feeling,” said Jeremie, “That we haven’t seen the last of XANA.”

“Oh, Jeremie! You’re just being paranoid. Those days are behind us!” she smiled sweetly, and took his hand.

Laughing good naturedly, she led him into the abandoned factory. Her short pink hair was flying as she ran with him, pressing the button for the old elevator.

“Here, if it makes you feel any better, I’ll prove to you that we have nothing to worry about!” she told him, as the elevator opened, and they walked into the room where the computer screen still lay.

They opened the other door, and got into the control room.

“See?” Aelita said, “The lever is still- oh my goodness!” her eyes widened, and she and Jeremie shared a look of sheer terror.

“I knew it.” He replied, quickly regaining his composure, “XANA is undefeatable.”

“It’s just not possible!” wailed Aelita, “My father, Franz Hopper made sure XANA was destroyed.”

“We have to tell the others- immediately.” Jeremie replied determinedly, a distracted look in his eye.

“I’ll do it.” Aelita offered, running out of the factory, keeping her pace even, panting. Heel, toe, heel toe. She thought.

She arrived at the dorm rooms in record time- she started by bursting into Odd and Ulrich’s shared room.

“Wake up!” she ordered tersely, “We have a huge problem.”

“Five more minutes.” Odd muttered, rolling over in his sleep.

“No waffles for you!” Aelita commented slyly. Odd sat up as straight as a whip.

“Waffles? Where! Hey… It’s midnight! What gives Aelita?” He blinked.

“XANA is back- we need to get back to the factory- right now!” Aelita commanded quietly, reverting to her soft spoken nature.

Suddenly, she noticed something amiss. Both Odd and Ulrich appeared to be statically fizzling out. It had been a long time, and she was a bit out of practice, but she still easily recognized the tell tale signs, “Polymorphic specters.” She muttered under her breath.

She tried to call Yumi on her cell phone, a mechanical voice answered, “Hello?”

Aelita quickly hung up, and clicked her phone shut.

Running now, she headed back to the factory, where Jeremie waited. Panting, she leaned against the wall, wearily, placing her hands on her knees. Jeremie looked at her, probably wondering where the others were.

She uttered only one word before continuing to catch her breath, “Specter.”

“All of them?” he asked morosely.

She nodded. Catching her breath, she elaborated.

“Jeremie. I have to go in and fix this! Who knows where the real Ulrich, Odd, and Yumi are?”

“But you can’t go in alone!” he objected.

“I know. That’s why you’re going to have to go with me.” There was a disagreeable silence between them. Of the five of them, Jeremie was the only one who refused to go to Lyoko- the virtual world they would need to visit through the scanners.

“Aelita- who would man the controls?” he dodged.

“No one has to. We’ll just have to fly solo.” She formed her rebuttal quickly.

“Aelita!” he groaned.

“Jeremie!” she seethed.

“Aelita, it’s just not safe for you to be without someone at the controls, you don’t know what to expect- what if things have changed?” he growled.

“I won’t go in unless you do, too.”

“Fine.” He agreed reluctantly.

Jeremie walked quickly to the computer, while Aelita waited in the scanners. Jeremie started up a delayed virtualization.

“It’s good to be back!” Aelita whispered, as the scanner whirled around her, to take her to the surreal world of another dimension. A world known as Lyoko. The companions landed directly in the forest sector. Nothing had changed since they left it. The trees still stretched endlessly up, on the various platforms floating in midair. Jeremie stared in wonder.

AtomicGrace said...
I love it! Did you know that they've made a season 5 called Code lyoko Evolution now? (It's in live action unfortuntly!)

born2bewriting said...

omg i love code lyoko! ahh why'd they end it??? anyway i enjoyed your fanfic thoroughly.

may your pencil (or pen, whatever you prefer) stay sharp and filled with ink,

Maria

TwirlGirl said...
This is really good I like how Jermeny finaly gets to go to lyoko.  I loved the series I wish that they would put it back on air.

Aelita replied...
Me too!  I have a whole minisereis of these here on Teenink!  Thanks for the feedback!

born2bewriting replied...
so know what you mean!

Chaday1911 said...
I love it!

Aelita said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:43 am

I would really love some new feedback if anybody would like to comment on any of my writing.  Thanks! :)

-Aelita

Aelita said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 12:02 am
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that... Thanks!  It's not a novel, I just tend to be a bit long-winded.  My actual novel is not on Teenink because it is completely under wraps for the time being.

sparklylittlereddevilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Kinda confusing for anyone who hasn't watched the previous series (television series?)

Maybe you should write a short prologue before - just a basic summarization of what happened in the TV series, and an explanazation of the more confusing details.

I like the writing style, but I kinda feel that the pace is a bit too fast. If it was a TV series, then this would be totally normal, but for a novel you sometimes need to slow down and add a bit more space between big events.

more »)

Aelita replied...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 12:04 am

Aelita said...
Episode 3 parts one two and three are online!

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i've gotta say, i liked trisha better. when is your continuation for trisha gonna come out?

Aelita replied...
I'm sorry to say that it isn't coming.  It's just the two parts, I really lost interest in it.

Aelita said...
Hello.  Of course I know who this is.  Just emailed you.  Didn't realize you had already gotten an account, when did you get it?

XionKeyblade said...
This is great! by the way, it's your friend from school, Y'know, "Squirt"?

Aelita replied...

Aelita replied...
Hey, "Floorcat!" Your email is broken!  Please call me.

Aelita said...
Hey everyone!  I just posted parts 3-8 on Teenink.  Please check them out!  I'm eager to hear what you think!

Aelita said...
Yes, it is a continuation of where the sereis left off.  Part two is online, and parts three and four are already written, but not edited yet.

Saphe said...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 10:06 am
Very interesting! I've never heard of the show Code Lyoko, but your story... is it continued off of the series? gives me a pretty genral idea. It's well written. I'll have to read part 2 now :)