5th Twilight: Glistening Sin (Renesmee's Story) Chapter 2

chapter 2

Surprise
My eye lids were suddenly drowned with sunlight. It startled me to the point that I had to open my eyes to see what it was. But I guess it was brighter than it seemed . My golden locks of hair were velcroed to my sheets and my fore head was covered with sweat bullets from my previous nightmare. I leaned forward and gazed around my room that had grasped the suns rays almost instantly after I opened my shades. My skin was twinkling in the light and it almost made me impressed to be me, but then I got over my ego. My room was painted a dark shade of purple and fluttering butterflies swirled across my border that was posted at top of my walls. My crib was hand painted by Grandma. It was a bright teal color which reminded me of Jacob and I going to la Push and skipping rocks across the waves. Well mine were rocks Jacob's were boulders. My crib was his muscular figure twirling me round and round. It was his cocoa eyes, his shaggy hair.

My bedroom door was open and I could see the hallway wall outside my room with our family photo hanging on it. Daddy and Mommy were both kissing me on my cheeks. Dad kissing me on the left, Mom on the right. I was smiling in the middle, my hair was flowing down past the cut off of the picture.

I was curious to see if they were out of the bedroom yet. Mom had told me last night that they had somethings to do while I was sleeping. I'm guessing paperwork or something.

"Momma? Are you done with that work you had to do? I'm up!" I whispered this so quietly you could probably hear Auntie Alice walk into the room. I had no reason to yell it. Momma could hear that whisper from a mile away.

"Uhh... just a sec Nessie I need to get dresss... uh get my shoes on. " she said quietly back at me. I could hear a lot to, but I guess my dad said I am a very hard sleeper and never wake up until the sun rises, once I fall asleep. How would he know that? Did he put a air horn next to my ear and blow it or something?

"Ok" I muttered. In an instant they were both standing at my door. Dad smiling wonderfully, Mom as well. I hopped out of the crib and walked torwards them. I hugged them both at the knees because I could not reach any farther. I stared up and saw a smile from both of them. They stared at each other for a moment and then Dad said to her, "Maybe when we get in the car."

Ever since mom learned how too let Dad into her mind, I could never understand their conversations. It made me angry and I stared frustrated at both of them and of course, they laughed, knowing what I just thought.

"It's not funny!" I exclaimed

"We are not laughing at you Nessie." Dad said "It's just we are excited thats all."

"For what?" I asked, curious now.

"It's a surprise." Mom answered with a shining grin on her face.

"Ok well I will get dressed with my new wardrobe and I will meet you outside to go to get some breakfast. I am feeling for a little A positive, hopefully Grandpa has some." I smiled, so did they and then they were gone and out of sight talking in the living room.

I glided towards my walk in closet and was surprised to see what Auntie Alice had provided for me. Ahh Gucci, Chanel, and Juicy Couture filled the air. I could not believe all the new clothing that was in there. I decided to go with something casual. Chanel boots, Gucci skinny jeans, and a Juicy Couture top with a white tiger imprinted on it fit the bill.

I slid off my pajamas and something shiny caught my eye. It was the heart locket my mom had gotten for me for Christmas last year which dangled around my pale neck. I adored that piece and would just crumble if I lost it. I slid on my clothes and snatched my pack that I wore everywhere I went. Ever since my mom gave it to me on that day of misery when the Volturi came, it was cemented to my back.

I walked out of my room and into the hallway to see Mom and Dad waiting for me. They were sitting in the cozy seat and they had the fire going. It was so warm compared to the weather we had been having. These snow storms were crazy.

"Ready Ness?" Daddy asked as he reached out for me to grab his hand.

I did and then exclaimed,"Always."

He grinned and then slung me onto his back. We flew out our wooden door and raced to the mansion. The freezing cold nipped my nose and it felt nice at first but then it became just plain cold. Mom was right behind me drifting back and forward, left to right. It seemed like she was having fun. I know I was having fun watching her.

The temperature outside made Daddy's skin feel warm it felt so warm it was comforting. He turned around and laughed. He had just heard me. Gosh I need to keep my thoughts to a minimum. It must be hard for him to listen to every single persons thoughts and their voices when they speak out loud. I wonder how bad it is at a restaurant. He turned around and grinned again."You can tune the voices out sometimes if they are not to loquacious." I laughed really hard on that one.

We were almost to the mansion when Mom started to speed up and shouted, "Catch me if you can!"
Dad shot back a grin and said, "I'l try not to embarrass you love."
So then it was on. Mom and Dad were neck and neck for a while but on the last stretch of land, Dad push it even harder and Mom could not keep up, Dad won.

"Veterans luck." My mom said under her breath.

"No, just years of practice, you''ll get it love" he answered.

As the bickering was happening we appeared at the front step of the house. I jumped off his back and opened the door myself. This was my house too. Grandpa was watching football with Uncle Em and they were so into it they had not even noticed us walking threw the door. Aunt Rosie was reading some magazine that had a picture of Taylor Swift on the front cover. Then of course Auntie Alice was running downstairs to greet us,"Hey Bella, hey Edward, why hello Renesmee how are you? I heard that you had a surprise toda. That I had no idea about." That last part she glared at Daddy, and he grinned. Jacob I guess was stalking us from behind because he flew threw the door. "Ok, ya ready?" He asked. "Wait you told the dog and not me?" Alice was fuming.

"Well Alice the only reason he knew before you is that he thought of the idea." Answered Daddy with a puzzeled look.
"Wow I never knew he had the brains to think this one up. Good job Scooby -Doo." Aunite Alice never seemed to like Jacob and I never knew why.

"They just like to have creative discussions thats all." Daddy whispered to me.

I nodded my head and then said to everyone epescially Auntie Alice and Jake, "Sorry to interrupt but I am really hungry."
In an instant Grandpa was standing next to me. He took my hand and led me to the kitchen. He sat me down on one of the stools that was seated by the bar and asked me, " What can I get you nessie?"

"Well I would enjoy some A positive please." I said with my hand on my tummy I was always hungry at this house.

"You are just in luck my darling. I just picked some up at the hospital yesterday." As Grandpa was talking, he got out a steel cup and a blood packet from the cupboard . He then opened the packet and slowly poured the blood into the cup without any hesitation. I stared at the red liquid as it slid out of the bag it was in. It looked like silk as it smoothly poured.

I had the urge to ask Grandpa something for a very long time. I decided right now was the perfect time to do so,"Grandpa, if you never leave this house except for work and hunting how do you relax?"

He chuckled at my random question and then replied with, "Well Ness, I know it sounds odd but hunting is my relaxation. The ability to run as fast as my legs will take me is the only way I can let go of everything I am stressed about . Just being able to do whatever on my own time is wonderful. Letting go of the thirst that us as good vampires have to cope with is like releasing pressure from a balloon that is about to burst." He said this so calm that it was surprising that he actually was saying those words. If you were not listening to what he was saying you might have thought he was just telling you what football team was playing tonight on T.V.

That was all we said as I slurped down the blood slowly. After I was Finished I got up and me, Mom, Jacob, and Daddy left to go see my surprise

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:36 am:
ONCHOR!!! ONCHOR!!! :)(:

drmstarlet21 replied...
Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:50 am :
Think you meant *encore

HaleyStar said...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 7:18 pm:

I loved it.

bookmonster replied...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 3:50 pm :
I wish she would start righting all the twilight now

ExpRESsY0uRselF said...
This article was...good, but I was hoping for something more interesting, and not just a sweet little continuation of the Twilight series, without any surprise twists or sudden turns. I wish you took your reader on more of an adventure.  But it was good overall. BTw, if you have time, please check out my poems, The Girl Inside, Remembering Spring, and You Are The Lyrics In Me. Thanks so much! 8)

bini said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 8:41 pm:
well i really wanted to read a story of when renesmee turns into  teenager and she gets mad at her dad because he could read her mind. i would like to read that.

bini replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 8:43 pm :
really i would too. i would REALLy like to read that because it would be a daughter and dad time when they talk...

JelloAngel92 said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 6:23 pm:
It would just be nice to understand her age.... it's unclear. either than that, good job.

theavatar said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 12:20 am:
Your story was alright, but the transition between her thoughts was awkward, i mean its like a child-teenager kind of person, not one or the other...ya know? i thought there were a few things out of place like little details, other than that, good start :) good luck on ch 3

Kimbla said...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 9:07 am:
I agree with everyone else and say that its not as good. Why would you want to finish writing stephanie's story anyway? Good effort and just chill!!

Kimbla replied...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 9:08 am :
oh yeah and there are some flaws in your story like renesme hugged at her parent knees when you know she grows at a fast rate etc. just saying

AnneOnnimous said...
It's actually a little known fact, but reading and writing about twilight drastically decrease awesome levels.

xprezzionstar said...
Nov. 5, 2010 at 7:31 am:
oh wow i love this piece its nice to her from her point of view. keep writing! u might make it big one day!

lalalandlover12 said...
you are an amazing writer.....please update soon !

gummi_bear97 said...
Loved it BIG Twilighgt fan

Dragonscribe said...
I liked it! Some grammar/spelling/punctuation problems, but a really nice story. It was a little confusing, though, and I thought Nessie was supposed to be a lot brighter than you portray her as. But this is your opinion - it's your story.

ballerina gal said...
i think ur story was good, but if u add more detail, itll b great!

Runner242 said...

truly loved this, keep writing!

& can someone check out my work? i could really use some comments and critisism.

earlybird_8 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 9:45 am:
The story was good, I loved the imagery, but it seemed like nothing really happened, as mentioned before. It makes me want to read the next chapter, but really hope that something interesting happens, now that you've established everything. There was one problem in the beginning of the piece when Renesmee mentions drinking A positive- I'm pretty sure the Cullens don't drink human blood, and wouldn't want Ness to either. Aside from that, it seemed sort of like an uncut gem, pretty, but with a bit... (more »)

dkA.M replied...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 12:40 pm :
Well if you read in the books, Carslile works at the hospital as a doctor, and he gets blood bags from the hospital to get blood bags for ness.I was just following what stephanie wrote.

lovehate123 replied...
Sept. 12, 2010 at 1:58 pm :
i loved it butt, well you need to work on writing original ideas and not copying someone else,,,,, get your own story!!