Ballet | Teen Ink

Ballet

September 19, 2018
By Starks GOLD, Hartford City, Indiana
Starks GOLD, Hartford City, Indiana
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Monsters don't hide under your bed they sleep in your head" Unknown


Once there was a girl whose heart was bound by chains and longed to escape the darkness of the world. Even though she knew there was no escape still her mind longed to be focused on something other than the twisting and contorting thoughts that fogged her head.This girl was controlled by others and raised by others who wished only to bleed the girl’s talent out of her using her for their own gain. Even though it is the talent that they clawed at her for the girl used her talent to escape the dark world and the monsters sleeping in her head. Gracefully like a bird taking flight the girl danced and twirled across the stage her mind focused only on the feeling of her feet touching the ground. The others who made the chains that bound weight to the girl’s shoulders watched her dance across the stage, their eyes were not human but rather rabbid like a pack of dogs. Yet the girl danced even though the weight on her shoulders grew causing her body to wither and throb with pain. Yet the girl danced even though eyes stabbed daggers into her back. The dance was perfect there was no flaws in the girl’s performance because her mind was focused on something other than the howling thoughts darkening her mind. For now the girl had something to escape to,  a shelter from the storm that is the world. Sometimes the storm might break down her walls but everything can be rebuilt and everything can be broken.


The author's comments:

I decided to write this because I thought it would be fun to personify a person's thoughts and feelings along with personifying other objects such as eyes. I was inspired to write this by a character created because I enoy doing roleplays, this character I created is very complex and deep. What I hope others will gain from this is even through pain and suffering a person can still have a place to escape to, to call home. Our minds can be a haven from the world which is why so many people are daydreamers.