Reflection This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Reflection

by T. A., Brooks, ME

She often came to sit by the ocean when she was upset about something. The gentle lapping of its waves on the rocky shore lulled her into thinking of soothing things. The silky softness of a kitten's fur, the gentle perfumed caress of a spring breeze, the comfort of a roaring fire on a stormy night - these were what sprang to mind most often. But today the chilly water served more as a reflector - the wind had picked up and the crashing waves mirrored her turbulent thoughts. The trees and sea grass being tossed about by the rising gale demonstrated her wildly fluctuating emotions. And the sun, dipping slowly below the horizon, was staining the ocean spread before her a hue she now knew all too well. The one color she would always be wary of. It was the color she had caused to blossom across the front of her husband's shirt that very night.

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Whoa... that's cool. It starts out all nice and calm and pretty with kittens and spring- and then WHAM! There's a dead guy. Great twist at the very end. I love it!

mimirocks124 said...
mysterious. very descriptive. gud job