the future of the human race by the one who witnessed it. | Teen Ink

the future of the human race by the one who witnessed it.

May 14, 2018
By Rhain BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Rhain BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The future of the human race?
The future of the human race is a traject story that will not end well.
there are many possible futures but none of them are happy or good ones. Currently we are heading down the path that sees us kill our own planet and force us to move to a new one like mars. With The current advancements in space flight this could be a possibly are realistic possibility. But there is the possibility that we could become trapped on our own planet with all the space debris around the earth creating a barrier of artificial moons that would make it dangerous for spacecraft to leave earth orbit. But let's say that humanity gets it act together and starts caring about our future. It won't matter because the earth is on a natural cycle of heating which we are currently in and no matter how much reusable energy we convert to it won’t make a difference because we won't make it. But for now let's stick with the idea that we can save the planet and stay on it.. It won't matter because the sun will eventually burn through all its hydrogen, become a red giant and grow so large it swallow earth. So the real question isn't, is there anything we can do, its when and how the earth will end is the question.or we could all just get with an asteroid we didn't see coming that ends all life on earth, or we get hit with a gamma ray blast, or large solar flare. So what we really need to consider is will will the earth end with a bang or a whisper.
So I have a plan. Everyone on earth agrees to be sterilized so that we are the last generation and no one else will have to suffer the consequences of our actions in the future. After that we spend the next 50 years just using up as many resources as we wish and go out have the biggest planet wide party ever. Because after we are long gone the earth will still continue and probably be better off without us and that will remain are the whispers through the deserted cities retaken by nature and eventually broken down by time.
    The reason that I know all of this is becasue I am the one thing that will remain lomg after its all gone to who knows what.
I am legend.
I am time.


The author's comments:

its the truth