Why You Should Never Go To Cvs Without A Pen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Why You Should Never Go To CVS Without A Pen

by E. A., Somerville, MA

He turned around and asked me for a pen. My heart stopped. Was it fate that drew us to the same CVS? Did fate prompt us to get our film developed at the same time? I handed him a pen I had just dug out of my purse. I carefully watched over him as he filled out his envelope. He stood tall with his beat-up leather jacket. His jeans were faded and fit snugly. His old high-tops were laced up tightly. I began to wonder what his pictures were of. Himself? His band? But what if they were pictures of - his girlfriend!

I felt pathetic as I looked down at my own roll of film. It consisted of pictures from my little sister's birthday party. What would a guy like him see in a girl like me anyway? I guess fate didn't bring us together after all. I was stupid thinking such a thing.

He tossed his long, dark hair to one side as he turned back toward me. His emerald eyes looked deeply into mine. He smiled. "Thank you," he said. I couldn't resist smiling back. I took the pen back and shoved it into my purse. What should I say? I looked up from my purse to find that he was still standing there. "What?" I asked him. He smiled even more. "Can I have your pen back for a second?" I was confused but I gladly gave him my pen. He walked back to the counter where he had just filled out his envelope. He started writing on a second one. When he was done he gave me back the pen and the envelope he had mysteriously written on. He smiled once again and left. I looked down at the envelope. It read "Jay 555-0948 Call me! P.S. Those weren't pictures of my girlfriend! (I don't have one!)"

I smiled excitedly as I filled out my envelope. I grasped the one Jay had given me tightly in my hand. As I stepped out of CVS, I saw him leaning on a midnight blue Camaro. "You want a lift?" he asked. I answered with a simple "No, thank you. I live across the street!" He smiled as he got into his car, reminding me to call him just before he drove off.

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
aww this is really cute. ya got right down to the point & it wasn't very long. luvv it!

hootowl4 said...
i love it keep writing!