The Darkness of Space

I fly toward the sun. Never reaching it, but always getting closer, closer, closer... Then I turn around and reach my arm toward the moon. I grab it. Pulling myself closer... I jump.
I fly toward the stars. I'm flying through the stars.  I fly into the stars. I push away the atmosphere and feel the cold of space. A cold that's colder than death itself. Then I burn. I'm in the star, feeling myself defrosting. I begin to melt.
In liquid form I leave the star, my body free from physical confinement. I slip out from the flames back into space. I fall like a teardrop falls to the floor, the total darkness engulfing the essence of my existence. In the cold of space I begin to solidify. Curled into a ball for warmth and comfort, I fall deeper and deeper into the nothingness.

WolfWhisperer0911This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 10:08 pm
@StArFish1202 Awesome story Star! And Aidan, go home, you're drunk! XD

Malcolm_ChaseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:56 am
whaaaaaaaaaaat?????

Malcolm_ChaseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 3 at 2:12 pm
Wonderful writing, @StArFish1202! It is poetic, simple, and extraordinary all at the same time, which mixes into an outstanding poem!