The Dairy | Teen Ink

The Dairy

March 16, 2018
By Braydan BRONZE, Cedar City, Utah
Braydan BRONZE, Cedar City, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

On a dark and chilling night, a lazy cat awakens. He yawns hungrily as he heads down his stairs, eager to get something to eat. Once he was downstairs his face turned into a frown as he found there was no more milk. He hissed and he groaned, as he was really craving some milk. After a few bitter minutes, he decided he needed to go get more. So off he packed for the trip, getting his coat, boots, and hat. Once he was set he decided to begin the trek. As he opened the door a rush of cold frigid air came racing into his house, so without wasting another minute, he was off to the dairy. As he was walking in the freezing night with the shadows dancing under the moonlight, he found an ominous silhouette in the middle of the path. At first, he was confused and thought to himself “why would someone be up this late” while just trying to act natural. But the dark silhouette still unflinching began to speak “you shall not pass on this path until morning.” Flustered the cat walked back and forth angrily thinking about any possible way to go through the path. But it was to no avail he couldn't think of any way to get around him so he decided to go back home and wait until morning. On his way back he tripped over a rock tumbling to the ground. He got up angrily with a pause, then excitedly ran back in the direction of the dark silhouette. Once the cat got back to the silhouette, he said again “you shall not pass on this path until morning.” The cat then chuckled and stepped a few meters to the right into the forest, walked right past the figure, then back onto the path and towards the dairy.