Status Report | Teen Ink

Status Report

By Jesyke SILVER, Hemet, California
Jesyke SILVER, Hemet, California

Status Report
   Saturday September 5th
             1:57 am

This is the first log documenting the struggle I face here. My mission: Sleep. I don't know why, yet I feel like I may never achieve this goal.g It seems like a foreign concept. Sleep… Is it nice? What is its purpose? People say it is necessary for a “functional life". I'm not sure I trust them I have to at least  try....
   Saturday September 5th
              2:02 am

Attempts of "sleep" are futile. Whenever I try, I find myself all of a sudden contemplating life and wondering how the universe works, or whether or not warp drives are actually possible. Considering giving up.
    Saturday September 5th
        2:06 am

These sleeping conditions are terrible. I find the room too cold to have no blanket. Yet, underneath the same said blanket it's too hot. What is the cause if this. Aliens? The Government? Global warming? I may never find out....
   Saturday September 5th
           2:15 am

I have abandoned all hope of this "sleep". I have distant memories of what it was like.... It seemed nice. If you are reading this at a future date, it means you were perhaps able to find and grasp this concept. My congratulations. I wish I was able to achieve and overcome this feat. Farewell friends. And sweet dreams.
End of Log....

Attempts of "sleep" are futile. Whenever I try, I find myself all of a sudden contemplating life and wondering how the universe works, or whether or not warp drives are actually possible.