The Life Of Clay | Teen Ink

The Life Of Clay

By sarahbear11 BRONZE, Wilmington, California
sarahbear11 BRONZE, Wilmington, California

It was dark, and suddenly the light was blinding. It gave me a piercing headache and made me feel nauseous. Right as I started to feel better, I was being ripped, squeezed and pushed together. I got a chance to look at who was doing this to me and saw her smile with such pue joy that it was no longer an issue for me and I started to feel better about the whole situation. I heard her talk about how much she used to play with people like me in her childhood and it brought her such good memories. 
She crafted me into many different things. First I was a small and round bowl, but she didn't like that. Then I was a little bit bigger but my sides wouldn't stay up by themselves because I didn’t want to be turned into something that lacked such unoriginality. Then finally, she made my walls strong, my bottom flat and sturdy and she was proud. I may not be the prettiest bowl, granted I don’t even really look like a bowl I am more of a dish, but I am what I am supposed to be now.
Her happiness became my main priority. I did not complain when she mixed me together and changed my entire color, and plus yellow is the color of happiness. If I can bring her at least a little bit of happiness when she looks at me then I will be accomplished. I have stars on me so that we both remember where to look when the seas start to get rough. I also have a beautiful boat on me to remind her she can go anywhere she desires to go, despite the rough waters. I am not perfect, but I am still beautiful and well loved. I am a constant reminder of that.