Martin Staebler - DeNoWriMo | Teen Ink

Martin Staebler - DeNoWriMo

By martinstaebler BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
martinstaebler BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

The elevator hissed shut. The lights went out, I was shaken. I was nervous as well. I was on the way to my biggest meeting of the year for my company, Light Tech. Light Tech is a company that produced the newest and best technology. Phones, laptops, and tablets all comparable to the best new Apple products. I was ready to take over, but now I am at a standstill. I’m stuck. I start pressing the emergency button and ringing it for help. I look down at my phone to notice there is one bar of service on my phone.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter 1:
I speed dial my assistant,
“Morgan, I’m stuck in the elevator, it won’t move up or down, what should I do?!”
“What? STUCK? You present in the new phone in TEN MINUTES, I’ll go get the coordinator right now, we need to get you out of there” Morgan responded.
“Obviously I need to get out. Tell the coordinator to hold off on my speech, distract them, something! I need to present today”
“If we don’t present today, we will lose it all” Morgan, agrees.
“Exactly, I am going to keep ringing the help bell, I’m scared if I hang up I won’t be able to call again” I respond.
“Just wait I will be there……”
The phone call cuts as Morgan tries to respond. I look down and see no service, as I expected.
“Poop.” I said out loud.
It was 12:27 and I was to walk on stage at 12:30. I look around and see my reflection everywhere in the elevator, an all mirror one. I looked at the gold handles and they were so shiny, I could see myself in those too. My worst nightmare. Stuck looking at myself while I should be presenting a life changing thing to millions of people broadcasted and thousands of people in person. The Los Angeles Convention Center had never been this full before.

Chapter 2: Chapter 2

Chapter 2:
*TWO MONTHS LATER*
I am homeless. It all got taken away from me, The slumps are my home, there's tarps everywhere, creating houses. With mismatched furniture and people lost out of their minds on drugs and alcohol. I yawn and stretch out, tired and uncomfortable from the last nights sleep. The sweet staleness of tobacco touched me, from the box next to me.
I look at myself and see who I am, a lost millionaire. A lost giver, and a lost lover. I sat there with thin, scraggly hair. My aggressive and ambitious personality lost somewhere between that convention center and the eviction notice on my door. Thinking of all the things i've lost in the last two months because of someone else. I slouched against my refrigerator box, flopped into it, and leaned against my thin walls.
I looked up to see Morgan, my ex assistant.
“Get UP” she yelled.
Morgan?!” I yelled, with happiness filling my mind.
“Come on we have to go fix you and your company now!, it's our chance while Apple's stocks are at the lowest!”
“WHY ARE THEY LOW?!” I asked, ecstatic.
“Because it came out in the news that they slow down iPhone battery after new generational iPhones come out!”
The thoughts start to sink into my mind,
“I’ would, but I’m not smart enough anymore” I realize and say at the same time.
“YES YOU ARE! Lets go! Remember if you ain't first, ya last!”
Did she just quote, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, I realize…..