A Happy Story | Teen Ink

A Happy Story

By HAPPYTURTLERVA BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia
HAPPYTURTLERVA BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia

A Happy Story

Will and John did not have a good day.

It started normally, they both walked to school along the same route that they had walked along every day for the past two years. They walked through the old doors that creaked and picked up their supplies from their lockers that were made by people during WWI. They went to class in the same rooms that had been used for years and tears without repair.  The math teacher that tought cavemen. The science teacher that did not know what bacteria was. The english teacher that was always falling asleep at her desk. All the normality was broken however, when the ancient PA crackled into life.
“ JOHN AND WILL PLEASE COME TO THE ssss OFFICE NOW.”

Will and John walked into the office, with its rusty chandelier ,that looked like the cavemen had built, and mossy corners. A man they had never seen before was standing waiting for them, dressed in a suit with a tie that had a large picture of a snowman on it. It was the only thing that he was wearing that did not seem to be in a somber mood.
“HI…?” asked Will.

3 Hours later

The van stopped. Will got out first, closely followed by John, who was sick from the fast ride to… wherever they were. A large building was across the street from them, and the words on the side showed that it wes “ MAJ Academy. ” John ran across the street… and got hit by a bus that had been stolen by an escaped convict from a nearby penitentiary.

Later, Will was inside the building, which turned out to be a top secret training center for middle schoolers. The class talked, ran, jumped, they yelled, pushed, tripped, laughed. Will had a shotgun which according to the instructor:
“ WILL BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF IF YOU SHOOT IT AT YOURSELF!”
Will stood in a line of kids his age and under as he was introduced to them.  He heard their names rattled off. George, Bobby, Dan,Cooper, David! After that, he stood at the firing range with his class, class 2987, a number that had been used by many classes before them. The instructor gave the ready command, then yelled
“ FIRE AT WILL!” 
So, class 2987 turned and fired their guns at Will. The instructor sighed and thought of all the paperwork coming his way.

THE END

This was a school project.