A Twisted Two Weeks | Teen Ink

A Twisted Two Weeks

November 16, 2017
By Noelle_Joy BRONZE, Wauseon, Ohio
Noelle_Joy BRONZE, Wauseon, Ohio
3 articles 6 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"From every wound, there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says I survived." -Craig Scott


“Good morning, Sofia,” my producer, Chris, says as I walk into the studio.
“Thanks, Chris. It feels good to be back!” after the long two weeks I was away, it felt good to be back in the business. I love my job as a singer.
My name is Sofia. I’m 19 and singing is my passion. Now, I’m going to flash back and show you what really happened during those two weeks. Some of it isn’t pretty, some of it was thrilling, and some of it just scared me half to death.

I wake up at 6:00 am to be at the studio by 8:00. I get out of bed and walked over to my closet to choose what I’m going to wear that day. I eventually go with a purple and white hooded top, dark blue jeans, and my favorite pair of glittery tennis shoes.
Next, I head to the bathroom to get ready. I get dressed sleepily, still not fully awake. I look at my tall yet thick figure and sometimes wish I looked different. My tan skin and dark eyes compliment my long dark hair that come to a blonde at the ends.
I have a serious case of bed head! I run my favorite brush through my hair a few times, brush my teeth, and straighten my hair. I do my makeup to match my outfit, and I’m out the door.
My studio is only a couple blocks a away so today I decide to walk. I’m about to call my producer to tell him I might be few minutes late when a big white van pulls up beside me.
“It’s no big deal. They’re probably just trying to get into the driveway I’m blocking,” I consider. I start to walk a little faster so the van can pass. When the van drives forward instead, I start to freak out a little. As the van keeps driving I eventually start to run.
I’m about to round the corner when two guys jump out of the van and grab me. I scream at the top of my lungs and kick the guy on the right in the leg. He let’s go of me and grimaces in pain. I might just get out of this alive.
Another guy gets out of the van and injects something into my arm.
“Perfect,” I mutter, knowing this won’t end well.
After a few seconds, everything goes black.
When I wake up, I’m in the back of the van. It’s dark so it must be night. I’ve been on the road for two days now! I’m afraid and know that Chris must be worried about me. I immediately get angry with myself for deciding to walk to work. Now, I’m on the road with two guys I don’t even know and I don’t know where I’m going or why.
There are two guys in the front of the van. The third guy must have bailed out. I try to sit up but I’m too dizzy and I fall back down. The guy in the passenger seat looks in the mirror and sees me.
“It’s about time,” I recognize the guy as the one who injected my arm.
“What? Who are you?” I mumble, still kind of sleepy from the sedative.
“I’m Luke and I’m a big fan,” he snickered and there was spark in his eyes that I couldn’t describe.
“Well thanks, but…”
“I know you’re wondering why and where and how we knew that you were going to walk to work today,”
“Yeah, I am,”
“Well I can’t tell you why, or how. But as for where, we’re going to the big house.” I was getting pretty annoyed with this guy because obviously, he wasn’t going to tell me anything except that we were going to something called the “big house.”
“Fine,” I was annoyed but I knew he was serious and meant business.
After a little while we pulled into a driveway and Luke got out of the car to let me out. I stumbled out of the car and looked up at what Luke had called “the big house.”
It was a white, three story, victorian style house with two white pillars on each side. It had a balcony and an added on three car garage.
“Ready?” Luke asked.
“Yes,” I was shaking and scared, but I knew I had to go.   
Luke and I walked up to the house and went inside. It had a beautiful living room with a TV, love seat, and a huge couch. The dining room was a bit smaller but still big. It had a beautiful dining room table and a chandelier. Next, Luke showed me upstairs to my room. It was a room big enough for two people! It had a beautiful king size bed full of decorative pillows and a pretty bedspread that was just my style. There was a huge walk-in closet and a dresser. There was a nightstand on both sides of the bed.
“It’s beautiful!” I breathe to Luke.
“I’m glad you like it,” Luke had that smirk on his face again. The one I just couldn’t put my finger on.
“There are clothes for you in the dresser and closet. I think you’ll like them. Get changed for dinner now,” he winked and left the room.
I happily went to the closet and picked out a deep red dress that went down to about my knee. I also picked a pair of platform heels that were the same color as the dress. I redid my makeup and headed downstairs for dinner.
“You look beautiful, Sofia,”
“Thank you, Luke,”
“There's something very important we need to discuss,” he looked so serious it almost scared me. I nodded and we sat down at the table. He handed me a letter and I looked at him and opened it.
“This is from my mother!” I almost shouted.
Luke nodded and I kept on reading.

Dear Sofia,
      I hope this letter finds you well. I just want you to know I love you and I will always be with you.
I intended to tell you this when you turned 19. Your brother, Luke, promised that if anything happened to me, he would find you. I know you don’t remember him. He went to live with your father when you were so young.
I placed this letter in his hands the day he and your father left. I know you grew up to be a beautiful young woman and I am so proud to call you my daughter.

Love,
Mom

By the time I was done reading, my eyes were full of tears. I got up and hugged Luke like my life depended on it. He hugged me back.
“I love you, big brother!” I said sobbing.
“I love you too, little sis,”

So, in two weeks I had been kidnapped, taken out of the state, and found my long lost brother.
After a couple days, I packed up all my new clothes and headed back home. Luke stayed with me for a while and eventually got a plane ticket to go home. We still visit all the time and will always remember our twisted two weeks.