Living or Existing | Teen Ink

Living or Existing

September 20, 2017
By KurdiG PLATINUM, Douglasville, Georgia
KurdiG PLATINUM, Douglasville, Georgia
21 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Have you ever been in a situation where your life has changed? One morning a teenager named Elis wakes up , and he is ten years older while everyone else is the same age they where the day before. First, Elis goes through horrible struggles and depression which causes headaches. Secondly he notice the wise woman he was talking to the other day was extremely suspicious and interesting. In addition Elis wants to find who he is , and how can he overcome this insane abnormal life. Elis have to find a way to either fix this enormous issue , or he can find a way to live with this unexpected life. Elis is 15 in the 10th grade which gives him extreme depression at an early age. Elis is not a typical 10th grader which is not a execrable thing. He is vastly exceptional, but school is just not for everyone. He gets bullied because he likes to deal with artistically situations, and Elis is not into sports. He wishes he can live a better life which can be exceedingly helpful. Elis tried to disregard the situation and concept of being in school. Life is just not perfect for him, or anyone for that matter. His father is a attorney lawyer , and his mother works in a real estate business which make him supremely fortunate for a future. Elis thinks his parents does not pay a lot of attention to him which makes him intensely insecure about his personality. Elis just needs a better life to make him become something sensational and extraordinary one day , and let's hope it happens. One day Elis goes to the park , and sits on the bench. He sees a old woman with wrinkly skin , and she was wearing a bright blue shirt with long gray hair which made him feel completely uncomfortable. The old woman speaks to him and says " Child do you know what life means ?" Elis replied " No mam". The old woman says. " It means having second chances and making mistakes without regrets , or you're living or existing. Elis was definitely lost what the old woman was saying , but he was trying exceptionally to understand. Elis gets up from the bench , and walks towards the sidewalk thinking about this unanticipated situation. He does not look back at the old woman , and while he was walking the old woman did something tremendously uncanny. The old woman put her hand behind her back , and gave Elis a undesirable curse. Elis did not notice put he will soon. One Saturday morning Elis wakes up , and went to the bathroom he looked into the mirror. Suddenly he sees a grown man face and body which immensely petrified him. Elis is screaming terrifically thunderous, and he does not want know what to do. Elis did not go to school his parents are at work, so that gives him time to figure out this unexpected situation. Elis felt horrible ,but most of all simpleminded. Elis was tall , dark brown hair , and looked like a prodigious nerd. He wonders if the old woman had anything to do with this problem which could be the resolution to this mega issue. Elis runs to the park swiftly , and when he gets there the old woman is no where to be found which frightens Elis. Elis life could be even more undesirable with this unannounced condition. Elis prays to god to help him overcome this devastating condition which can be beneficial at the moment. He notice a beautiful golden bright light in the his room that represents peace and grace that can set him on the right path with this new condition. The old woman words gets flashbacked in his head which was " Are you living or existing?" , so Elis choices to do something unexpectedly which can change his life forever , and let's hope it was the right decision.


The author's comments:

I wanted to write this piece because I wanted to show anyone live can turn around before you know it.