The Long Night | Teen Ink

The Long Night

By humzadagreat BRONZE, Jubail, Other
humzadagreat BRONZE, Jubail, Other

time slows down as a man looks at the face of death. He feels things that he has never felt before 

Chapter 1: Death

It was a long night, seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours, hours felt like days, days felt like months, months felt like years, years felt like decades, decades felt like jubilees, jubilees felt like centuries, centuries felt like millenniums, millenniums felt like galactic years, galactic years felt like cosmological decades, cosmological decades felt like aeons.You get the point, I was looking out of the window, staring into the starry sky. That day when the stars came falling. It’s almost as if it was a scene from a dream. Nothing more, nothing less than a beautiful view. I glared at the passing comet. It illuminated the sky. The whole world was watching. I don’t know why, but I was crying. As if I had forgotten something. Something very important to me. I felt pain but could not remember why I was feeling it. What looked breathtaking now just turned into hell. The comet split into two pieces. It changed its trajectory towards earth. I watched as the sky burned in flames. My whole life started flashing before my eyes. I was still crying. The breathtaking scene had me frozen. It was indeed a long night.