One Sister of Mine | Teen Ink

One Sister of Mine

By Diyanasaurus SILVER, Kuala Lumpur, Other
Diyanasaurus SILVER, Kuala Lumpur, Other

I was 10 when they came into my life.  I gave them codenames so it would be cooler rather than calling their real names. One of them I gave her the letter ‘S’ because she was just like snow. She was the fairest among us and for years she kept her hair short. It was a suitable codename. The other one was ‘C’ because she was a bit darker. Her hair was long and she was the complete opposite of S.

S was always the quiet one. She was not much of a chatter box but a bookworm. Different from C who was an adventurous little kid. While S would study and stay in the house C would go out and play with her friends. C would always bully S but she never fought back because she lover her younger sister. C was very naughty and was always scolded by our mother. C never learned her lessons but S would. S would rarely get scolded but when she did she would take it rationally.

C does not really spend much time with me and would spend it with mother. C  would not allow S to be with mother so S would always be with me. She would eat, sleep and pray with me. She was always by my side and never left me.

One day I got an offer to go to college, my family and I were so excited and happy. S helped me pack my stuff while C just kept disturbing us.

When the day finally came for me to go, both C and S cried. I hugged them and said my goodbyes. It was a sad moment to leave them but it was to continue my studies at a better place. A few months later, I got the chance to come back home. I did not waste any time. I quickly packed and went home.

I was welcomed with a warm hug by S and C. They were happy to see me especially S. I get to stay at home for a week. It was fun and I got to rest. It was happy and all until S fell sick. She had a flu and was coughing really badly. She would only drink and would not eat for days. I tried to feed her but it to no avail. I was becoming worried about her. I decided to bring her to the vet but it was too late.

S could not breathe properly. It was a very sad Tuesday night as she took her last breath at 9:23p.m. I cried bitterly beside her corpse. She was no longer with me. That night I lost my bestfriend and sister. I dug up a grave for her in my garden. I made a sign and wrote there ‘R.I.P. My little kitten, Snowy’. She was only 3 cat years old. I enjoyed every last bit of my memory with her. The pictures I have of her. I could not forget her to this day. My beloved cat that will forever be in my heart.

My cat that I will never forget