Pause | Teen Ink

Pause MAG

brown hair brown eyes thirtysomething or she says an average woman the perfect woman as her co-workers call her and as her day at the office is nearing a close she packs her briefcase and heads for the door and she walks down the hall to the elevator attracting sly looks from the single male employees and she makes some small talk with her friends in the lobby and discusses some plans for the weekend and she walks across the parking lot and hops into her sporty new car and races for home happy to be away from work and while pausing at a red light she checks her hair in the mirror and glances to her left seeing someone vaguely familiar but the light turns green and traffic commences again and a song she likes comes on the radio so she turns it up a bit and taps her foot to the beat and her exit comes and she turns off the highway and makes her way down the curvy suburban road and as she rounds a corner a cat scurries across the road and she slams on her brakes barely avoiding the small animal and almost getting into an accident and she goes over the bridge into her town and takes a left a right another right and another left onto her street and pulling into her driveway she grabs her briefcase and walks toward the house and as she gets inside she closes the door and locks it securely and she turns around to see her husband waiting for her to get home and she gives him a kiss and watches some television and since she is so tired from her long day at work she goes into the bedroom and changes into some pajamas and goes to sleep.

brown hair brown eyes thirtysomething or so she says an average woman the perfect woman as her co-workers call her and as her day at the office is nearing a close she packs her briefcase and heads for the door and she walks down the hall to the elevator attracting sly looks from the single male employees and she makes some small talk with her friends in the lobby and discusses some plans for the weekend and she walks across the parking lot and hops into her sporty new car and races for home happy to be away from work and while pausing at a red light she checks her hair in the mirror and glances to her right seeing someone vaguely familiar but the light turns green and traffic commences again and a song she likes comes on the radio so she turns it up a bit and taps her foot to the beat and her exit comes and she turns off the highway and makes her way down the curvy suburban road and as she rounds a corner a cat scurries across the road and she slams on her brakes barely avoiding the small animal and almost getting into an accident and she goes over the bridge into her town and takes a left a right another right and another left onto her street and pulling into her driveway she grabs her briefcase and walks toward the house and as she gets inside she closes the door and locks it securely and she turns around to see her husband waiting to beat the s--- out of her again. She turns back around and wonders if this is the type of thing she's locking the door against. 1

i love this !

DumDum BRONZE said...
on Mar. 25 2010 at 11:48 am
DumDum BRONZE, New York, New York

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss --Douglas Adams
You call it sarcasm, I call it wit.--Anonymous

Love.

Nothing else I can say.

Jordyn:) said...
Jordyn:), Duncan, Oklahoma

"You save yourself or you remain unsaved." -Alice Sebold, author of The Lovely Bones and Lucky

So very intense.

And yet it makes you think, 'what really happens when someone goes home.'

This really is marvelous.