Oranges | Teen Ink

Oranges

May 22, 2015
By M.A.R.C.E.L BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
M.A.R.C.E.L BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Perhaps death can do what mountains of love could never accomplish."


“I've always enjoyed the orange’’ said the mild mannered delinquent. “The taste of it?’’, questioned the tamed beast. “Well have you ever tasted the orange on a tree?” sarcastically answered the delinquent. “Well yes, its quite good” the tamed beast remarked. “Quite odd” hesitantly stated the delinquent. They walked towards the edge of the white structure. The sign over the building was barely legible but it would of stated something inspiring. But then again the building itself was inspiring. Built on the hill of fallen empires. It stood quite estranged. White seems to be the prefered color for the less of heart. Its true color would be black. For all it has hidden. Milk is white. That is its nature. Buildings aren't natural so it borrows from nature and takes its color. “Why did you say it was odd?”, questioned the tamed beast. “I don't believe i've ever tasted orange”, said the mild mannered delinquent. “But how can you enjoy it?”, wondered the tamed beast. “I enjoy the sight of it not the taste”, remarked the mild mannered delinquent. Somewhere over the horizon gunfire began. “That doesn't make any sense” the beast was becoming less tamed. “Why would you suggest consumption of the orange”, sternly questioned the mannered delinquent.

 

Piercing screams began to be heard over the collision of bullets.


“Because, Mr. President, the orange is a fruit”
“General the orange that i speak of is the colour”
Sheepishly they smiled.
“Oh”
“Oh’’ 
“Well since we resolved that misunderstanding Mr. President may we proceed with protocol.”
“It's to late to evacuate General”
“As expected”
“Then you may proceed”


With a push of a button the tamed General released the nuclear weaponry. As the bombs faded into the horizon somewhere over the patchy grass of a white house a child began to cry.


The author's comments:

This is for the decisions governments make for human beings