My not so Glamorous Life | Teen Ink

My not so Glamorous Life

January 13, 2009
By ashrox767 BRONZE, Monroe, Ohio
ashrox767 BRONZE, Monroe, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was standing there waiting in my jeans and t-shirt so nervous about what was about to go down. As she walked up I knew no one would see me tonight because of her. We were going to our friends birthday party and I planned on making some new friends but when I seen her I knew that was going to change. She had on a tight micro mini skirt and a hot pink halter top with silver and clear high-heel flip-flops. Alyssa was tall anyway so she looked amazing. Then there was me dorky old me. When she said hi to me I felt intimidated and she was my best friend but I never seen her like that. I was shocked so I just said “Hey let’s go.”
As we walked into the house where the party was I was already regretting this. I didn’t want to stick around but I knew I would have to keep Alyssa out of trouble so I stayed. I went to see who I knew while Alyssa left me alone. I spotted Elle so I went to see what she was up to. Elle was a new girl I met about a year ago and we had become good friends. She stood about 5’7 she had short choppy red hair but she was still pretty. She was very skinny and had a way with flaunting her assets.

I walked up to her and started to talk then I noticed who she was talking too. It was Jeremy my ex-best friend. I missed him bad and she knew it. I kinda felt hurt but the past is the past right. I said “Hey” to him, in a “what are you doing here” kinda way, but he didn’t reply. I turned to Elle and motioned for her to follow me I turned and started to walk away then I noticed she wasn’t following me.
Great, I thought now I have no one. I went in and tried to find Alyssa but she had disappeared. I sat down and thought I might leave, but as I stood up to go,there he was. It was Jeremy and he said, “We need to talk” I could tell he was upset so I took his hand and followed him. When we got to his car I got in. I knew I could trust him so I didn’t care.

We arrived at his house I got out of the car. We didn’t talk the whole way there so I was worried what was wrong. I followed him in his house and he sat down on the couch and I said “So talk”. He started, “I think it’s unfair that just because I have a new friend we can’t be friends.” I felt like crying but instead my heart took over and I started to yell. “Why do I not want to be your friend your seriously asking me this?” He shrugged “Why wouldn’t I.” “Because it’s not my fault your so called ‘friend’ is the only thing you think and talk about.” “It’s not me it’s you.” “Me it can’t be me I didn’t do anything.” “Well if you were a better friend I wouldn’t need a second resort.” “A second resort I can’t believe you, you totally ignore me these days if anything I’m your second resort.” I turned and headed for the door then suddenly I felt his grip around my wrist.
I was pulled around and facing him. He said, “The only reason I stopped hanging out with you is because it was getting to weird between us.” I stuttered “W-W-What do you mean.” I could feel the tears swelling up. “I mean I’ve been having this feeling that…It doesn’t really matter nevermind.” “No tell me.” I tilted his chin up I had the urge to kiss him but I fought it. “Ok well the reason is I think I might love you.” “You have always loved me.” “No I mean love, love.” There was and awkward silence I turned away and opened the front door. I walked down the steps one by one then sat down on the last one. I started to cry I don’t even know why. Did I love him too? I think I did I was so confused. I stood up walked to my house and went to bed.

The author's comments:
I only wrote a little bit but I have more where that came from.