Dead or alive | Teen Ink

Dead or alive

May 18, 2015
By Avelynn BRONZE, Germantown, Wisconsin
Avelynn BRONZE, Germantown, Wisconsin
4 articles 11 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
All is one, and one is all.


Her body fell just as her heart and soul had many years previous. A girl, pure at the heart and mind, finally wishing to fade into nothing. That girl, though her wish was vague, wished to meet her end. And so she did. At the top of the school building she looked down at the world below. The building was only two stories and inside filled with classes of occupied minds learning the natures of the world. This girl stood at the top, yet she hadn't ever gotten there on a social level. Her arms spread out around her and within a few short seconds, she let the wind carry her down.

 

The sharp sound was not what got the attention of the others. It was not the color of a crimson red staining the concrete below them either. And it surely was not the face of the girl, who no one had remembered anyways. These were not the reasons to see the event. It was the blur of a single body drifting down to the ground.

 

And keep in mind, this body did not fall as if it were a leaf or feather, though the girls heart felt numb enough to be so. No, her body fell as if it were a brick or stone. As it flew by the windows, only two classrooms and bathroom window, that blur grabbed the occupied minds. All of the eye to see it out on their peripheral view stood up and wandered to the glass window. Each looked at the ground, now a bright red.

 

Silence came first, all only starred, grasping what had just happened. And this was not only the students, but the teachers as well. This silence continued on for a few minutes, more eyes were drawn to the unusual silence and interesting new thing in on the ground. Shortly, but long after, a few screams passed through the lips of scared girls. Uneasiness scared the audience. Each mind blank to what had occurred, but feeling a sense of fright by the scene.

 

It was then that a wish came to be. It was granted just as it was spoken. And this wish was not made by those who watched or those who turned away from the horror. No, this single wish of innocence and sadness came from the blur that fell from the roof. Through her lips did not come a scream, but rather a ply. Air escaped as an inaudible word came to be. The body now lying completely lifeless, the one that wished for an end to come and for everything to fade, was wishing to stay. Her body hurt, but her soul felt numb. She looked around her, a crimson splatter. A heartbeat slowly fading.

 

She cried soundlessly “I don’t want to die” 


The author's comments:

This is a short 'story'. It isn't really a story at all.