tribute to a man who lives amongst owls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

he sips moonbeams
like fine wine
and, settled on cloud-tops,
casts a line
hoping to catch some violet skies
where scaly rocket-ships collide
along the horizon line.

he counts stars like fireflies
before they’re even there
wonderstruck at blue-green eyes
and dusky, flowing hair.

he lets his lonely thoughts run free
with lifting lyricality
and dance amidst tall pines in grace
and spiral into outer space.

he adventures with his words,
unafraid of the absurd.

Lanimal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is amazing! Love the imagery. Keep writing, I'd love to read more! :)

Windgirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
@Beila @Ray--yo Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :)

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Agreed, you captured that feeling for sure, plus you got some great references in! This is dreamlike beauty.

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this, especially the owl-city-ish feel you managed to incorporate. Also, welcome to my favourites list!